Windows 10: OneDrive backup question

Discus and support OneDrive backup question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some files that I use in many GIS projects. They have to keep the same name and file path, in order for the GIS program to find them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TVZ, Feb 14, 2020.

1. TVZ
    TVZ Win User

OneDrive backup question

I have some files that I use in many GIS projects. They have to keep the same name and file path, in order for the GIS program to find them. Unfortunately, they are all under a “Dropbox” file, since that is how I have been backing them up. Now, however, I want to get rid of Dropbox and use OneDrive instead—requiring a change in the file path. They now have to be under a broad “OneDrive” folder instead of the “Dropbox” folder.

Is there a way to back them up with OneDrive while retaining the file path, so my GIS project files can find them?

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 14, 2020
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Feb 14, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

OneDrive backup question

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive backup question

1. OneDrive backup question - Similar Threads - OneDrive backup question

2. OneDrive Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Backup: Hello - I want to enable OneDrive to backup my core folders to OneDrive documents, photos, video, etc but one OneDrive I want them put into a specific location. For example my computer is an Alienware so I want to create a folder on OneDrive called Alienware, and have the...
  3. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  4. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  5. Question on backups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on backups: I am currently backing up data from my computer via Win7 Backup and Restore and I can see that my backup drive is beginning to get a little clogged up. Is there a way or a tool to compare two existing backup files and delete duplicate info to save space on the backup drive?...
  6. Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive backup: Hey guys. So I have a PC running Windows 10; I have a fairly typical set-up with documents, pictures, etc. However, I have a Microsoft 365 subscription and I have 1TB of OneDrive storage sitting there begging to be used. Naturally, I try to back up my folders using the...
  7. Backup question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup question: In Windows 10, under All Settings, Update and Security, there is Backup. I usually select Windows 7 Backup and Restore. What does this backup? Does anyone here know? Thank you. 155985
  8. backup on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup on OneDrive: how I can make a backup on OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-on-onedrive/d9049796-8951-46f5-88b8-79c3b318c992
  9. Backup and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  10. OneDrive Usage and Backup Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive Usage and Backup Question: I am using Onedrive under Windows 10 to store all my user data (files). My question is should I be backing up my files in my Onedrive to another location, ie. a local drive of another cloud storage location. One of primary reasons I use Onedrive is that I was under the...