Windows 10: OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

Discus and support OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive has added a great feature - backing up my desktop items to the cloud. Only problem - I use two different copies of Windows - one at work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chip Moody, Jun 6, 2019.

1. OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

OneDrive has added a great feature - backing up my desktop items to the cloud.

Only problem - I use two different copies of Windows - one at work and one at home. I *want* to keep separate copies of each desktop, but OD wants to mash 'em together in the cloud!

Any solution available for this?

I don't mind having my Pictures and Documents folders combined - that's actually nice - but that also prevents me from setting up a different OD account for my desktops!

Thanks,

- Chip

:)

Chip Moody, Jun 6, 2019
  2. RevIngram Win User

Merged Desktop and OneDrive - how to separate them again?

Hi All,

Background: I keep files in progress on my desktop, so I decided to move the desktop into my OneDrive so it would always be backed up. In desktop properties/location I selected move and chose 'OneDrive' as the location.

The result is that now my desktop and OneDrive are combined and I can't separate them! Everything in OneDrive now appears on my desktop!

With hindsight, I should have created a folder in OneDrive called 'Desktop' and pointed the location there.

My question: how do I separate them back out again?

RevIngram, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 6, 2019
  4. kernrsn Win User

OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

1. OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops? - Similar Threads - OneDrive backup *separate*

2. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  3. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  4. How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?: I merged my desktop folder with my Onedrive folder accidentally. please help me how to separate them as lots of documents present in the onedrive folder is visible on desktop....
  5. How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?

How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?: I merged my desktop folder with my Onedrive folder accidentally. please help me how to separate them as lots of documents present in the onedrive folder is visible on desktop....
  6. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  7. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  8. Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.: [ATTACH] Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. How to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-backup-desktop-to-onedrive/4d0a202d-16ab-47f5-8bf5-fa19fe9b51bd
  9. OneDrive Desktop backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Desktop backup: My new laptop has onedrive desktop backup activated. If I turn it off, will I be able to reuse it in the future or is this a one time decision? submitted by /u/wait-_what [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1dvzr/onedrive_desktop_backup/
  10. Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive: How can I keep the desktop from being backed up to OneDrive? [Original Title: OneDrive] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-desktop-backup-to-onedrive/a1ab5464-302d-44d3-8a4d-2a2f493458d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive second computer separate desktop folder

2. onedrive backup two laptops separate

3. separate desktops on onedrive

4. keep separate desktops with onedrive