Windows 10: OneDrive breaking Windows 10 System Restore

Discus and support OneDrive breaking Windows 10 System Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has this serious bug that's been around since at least September been addressed in any updates? I haven't tried using a restore point since Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jmorgan24, Feb 3, 2019.

1. jmorgan24 Win User

OneDrive breaking Windows 10 System Restore

Has this serious bug that's been around since at least September been addressed in any updates? I haven't tried using a restore point since Version 1809 was released, but not being able to use System Restore is bad news.

:)

jmorgan24, Feb 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive breaking Windows 10 System Restore - Similar Threads - OneDrive breaking System

2. Windows 10 system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system restore: I want to fix my laptop, it suddenly opened into a blue thing, can't explain the look but it's called the ASUS BIOS utility - EZ mode. Yuo I was stuck in it then I followed this steps 1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and...
  3. 0x80070780 onedrive system restore - windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    0x80070780 onedrive system restore - windows 10: attempting to system restore my computer but this error message comes up, i have deleted this file of my pc however it keeps coming up? windows 10 [img] 157158
  4. System Restore on Windows 10

System Restore on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up system restore because it was suggested that I set up system restore to help resolve my problem with file explorer hanging or crashing. Then I read the following info on a locked string but can't asked question of whether or not to do the system restore...
  5. Windows 10 System Restore

Windows 10 System Restore: System Restore on my 3 week old computer with no added programs by me, takes two hours. From what I have read, it should take maybe 20 minutes, right? Is the problem with my computer or is the operating system corrupt?...
  6. windows 10 system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 system restore: I was having problems with my laptop dvd player. When I inserted a dvd, the Power Media Player screen would appear and the Resume and Restart icons where appear. If I clicked the mouse on either icon, I would get two beeps but the player would not start. I went on line for...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore

Windows 10 System Restore: I have done a system restore with a Windows 10 USB media device and it has been finalizing file restore overnight, I am not sure if I should still wait or try to restart my computer. Please help...
  8. System Restore in Windows 10

System Restore in Windows 10: When I try to fix a problem with system restore in Windows10 I am told there is no restore point created. This is absurd. Since you can't predict when you might need to use it you would have to create a restore point every day! Windows used to automatically create a restore...
  9. How do I restore system after it breaks

How do I restore system after it breaks: Hi, I'm done with this problem. I've been over it so many times and nothing ever works. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit Home I have 2 drives in my PC. One is 60GB SSD, other one is 500GB HDD. The SSD has only `C:/` on it, with Windows (System partition). The HDD has `D:/`...
  10. Windows 10 and system restore

Windows 10 and system restore: Would like to know if it's possible to do a system restore setting with my 8.1 and then try the Win 10 update. If not happy with the update, is it possible to restore to the restore point before the update. I'm pretty certain nothing is this easy but I have to ask. Steve 36089

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restore point onedrive

2. system restore windows 10 and onedrive

3. system restore windows 10 onedrive

4. onedrive breaks system restore