Windows 10: OneDrive bug

Discus and support OneDrive bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When you restore image of Windows 10 from software like Paragon, files and folders on OneDrive are automatically deleted to OneDrive recycle bin. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IOinIO, Mar 15, 2021.

1. IOinIO Win User

OneDrive bug

When you restore image of Windows 10 from software like Paragon, files and folders on OneDrive are [COLOR=rgba95, 99, 104, 1]automatically[/COLOR] deleted to OneDrive recycle bin. You need to restore them.

:)

IOinIO, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 15, 2021
  4. OneDrive bug

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive bug ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive bug

1. OneDrive bug - Similar Threads - OneDrive bug

2. Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email: The email I receivedI translated it"The files will be permanently deleted from the Trash of your OneDrive space 30 days after their deletion.Hello Denis,We noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from your OneDrive space.When files are deleted, they are...
  3. Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive keeps alerting me many times only this year about some weird bug or something by email: The email I receivedI translated it"The files will be permanently deleted from the Trash of your OneDrive space 30 days after their deletion.Hello Denis,We noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from your OneDrive space.When files are deleted, they are...
  4. PSA: If you see two blank folders on startup, there's a bug in the new OneDrive update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: If you see two blank folders on startup, there's a bug in the new OneDrive update.: I just wanted to get this out there so nobody begins panic-posting. One folder is named "desktopwindowxamlsource," the other is completely blank, neither can be opened or closed. I'm 90% sure this is a onedrive bug, and I'm starting to find forum posts from about a month ago...
  5. Windows 11 Bug with OneDrive Desktop Syncing and Memory Allocation - Is there a KB ID for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bug with OneDrive Desktop Syncing and Memory Allocation - Is there a KB ID for it?: I've come across a bug that's crashing my application. It's a really hard failure, the File -> Open browser brings it down.Looks like someone else has already picked this up, debugged it and got MS involved.Application using scalable allocator crashes on Windows 11 when...
  6. Windows 11 Bug with OneDrive Desktop Syncing and Memory Allocation - Is there a KB ID for it?

Windows 11 Bug with OneDrive Desktop Syncing and Memory Allocation - Is there a KB ID for it?: I've come across a bug that's crashing my application. It's a really hard failure, the File -> Open browser brings it down.Looks like someone else has already picked this up, debugged it and got MS involved.Application using scalable allocator crashes on Windows 11 when...
  7. OneDrive - Bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  8. OneDrive - Bugs

OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  9. Onedrive continues to bug me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive continues to bug me: So, I had a frustrating issue where Onedrive was full, and it just kept filling up each time. I had to deselect some folders, which involved jumping through several laborious loops to finally get it done frankly, the whole thing seems designed to frustrate and irritate the...
  10. Onedrive continues to bug me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive continues to bug me: So, I had a frustrating issue where Onedrive was full, and it just kept filling up each time. I had to deselect some folders, which involved jumping through several laborious loops to finally get it done frankly, the whole thing seems designed to frustrate and irritate the...