Windows 10: OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?

Discus and support OneDrive - Can I configure it this way? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I don't like installing additional software or third-party fixes. I get things done using only Windows; usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jurugi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Jurugi Win User

OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?

Hello,

I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I don't like installing additional software or third-party fixes. I get things done using only Windows; usually it ends up working so well that I no longer have to maintain or fix anything.

So I have a task now involving a good way to update across multiple computers all at once. There is for example REPOS1, REPOS2, REPOS3, REPOS4, CONFIG, and they are being used. I think OneDrive would be an excellent solution and not involve MSI, installers, or third party methods of updating (onedrive is bundled in all the computers which all seem to use Windows10 already; I've already seen it used by some messy businesses that only sync documents using onedrive, etc.).

In CONFIG, I'd like it to update all the things in there, except for '1' file that is a configuration file. For REPOS1, REPOS2, REPOS3, REPOS4, I'd simply like them to all sync from the online one to the local ones; or for all intents and purposes, having the default syncing between all of them at once is fine; for example, you add to 1 local REPOS folder on 1 computer, and it uploads, and then downloads the change on all computers once they get internet access; ideally if a local file is changed, it will be replaced by the main one. Ideally I want 1 main source to sync from any local copies must be exact copies of this; to explain more, each computer that's downloading REPOS1, REPOS2, REPOS3, REPOS4, can maybe add a file to REPOS4 but then it won't upload to the online repos and sync to the other ones. If it has to be that way, then fine, but it's not the best way; I kind of want like an FTP folder that downloads itself and detects/downloads changes locally so the computer can access the folder and files by itself.

I know it can be done, just wondering if any OneDrive wizz has any tips to share with making a 'main repos' that 'downloads/updates' those files to all the client computers. I can figure it out but I want to know if it'd be possible to have that 1 config file be excluded from uploading/downloading/being replaced and then maybe sync all the rest of it. It should ideally work 'all the time' and not just 'randomly work'. It would probably be totally free and probably 'the best way right now'(tm). Ty.

:)

Jurugi, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jul 11, 2019
  4. OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?

OneDrive couldn't be installed error 0x800704C7

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you configured OneDrive on your system?
    • What are the other application are you trying to install?
    • Did you uninstall OneDrive? If yes, please elaborate the steps.
    As you said you are trying to re-install OneDrive, I would like to inform you that you cannot uninstall/reinstall the OneDrive which come in-build with the Operating system. However, you have to configure your email account to access OneDrive.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer and check if this helps.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?

1. OneDrive - Can I configure it this way? - Similar Threads - OneDrive configure

2. .dat file and configuration setting file automatically deleted from AppData Onedrive windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file and configuration setting file automatically deleted from AppData Onedrive windows 11: I found some files with extensions .dat , .txt and configuration setting file no extension in recycle bin. These files have common path i.e `C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\Personal`. Given that I neither use OneDrive, nor deleted these files...
  3. .dat file and configuration setting file automatically deleted from AppData Onedrive windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dat file and configuration setting file automatically deleted from AppData Onedrive windows 11: I found some files with extensions .dat , .txt and configuration setting file no extension in recycle bin. These files have common path i.e `C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\Personal`. Given that I neither use OneDrive, nor deleted these files...
  4. OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users: Hi All, A user who is part of my family group has also a profile on my own PC as well using her MSA. When she signed on my PC with her MSA, and configured the OneDrive folder it merged both my OneDrive and her OneDrive folders. There are folders on my PC which she is not...
  5. Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903: OneDrive already installed previously. Signed in. Transferred files. Wanted to change settings. Right clicked the cloud icon. Setting box comes up, telling me I'm not signed in. Clicked "Sign in". Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? 153254
  6. Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring already installed OneDrive; Windows version 1903: OneDrive already installed previously. Signed in. Transferred files. Wanted to change settings. Right clicked the cloud icon. Setting box comes up, telling me I'm not signed in. Clicked "Sign in". Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? 153254
  7. How do I configure OneDrive to back up only those folders and files that I specify?

How do I configure OneDrive to back up only those folders and files that I specify?: I more-or-less figured out how to use the auto-archive feature, but OneDrive seems to have a mind of its own. I would like to use it as traditional cloud storage like Dropbox whereby I create a file and then back it up to OneDrive. But apparently Microsoft wants me to use it...
  8. OneDrive configuration via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive configuration via PowerShell: Hi, after first launch and configuration of Win10, the last part which is not done automatically in my Script is OneDrive configuration. Is it possible to somehow run OneDrive from PS and then let it configure itself with already registered credentials for...
  9. Problem configuration OneDrive after Windows update in 12/12/18

Problem configuration OneDrive after Windows update in 12/12/18: Hello, After I installed the latest Windows 10 update (in 12/12/18), my OneDrive stopped working. Every time I set up OneDrive, I get a message saying that I do not have access to the folder. I get this kind of message: [Title of window] C: \ Users \ neial \ OneDrive...
  10. How configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?: In my Windows Defender Security Center I see: [ATTACH] But If I click on "Ignore" nothing happens! If I click on "Configure OneDrive" I am asked my OneDrive account, I enter it and OneDrive folder opens, but then??? How could I configure OneDrive recovery options...