Windows 10: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files

Discus and support OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are using OneDrive’s Files On-Demand feature to access files without downloading them to your PC, you might come across an error saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 22, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files

WinClub, May 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 22, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files - Similar Threads - OneDrive cannot connect

2. Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error: Hope someone can help, I am having issues accessing my own files following reinstalling Windows 10 yesterday. It's to do with photographs, the path is D:\Onedrive\Pictures In my image viewing programme or File Explorer, some files appear as thumbnails as before and open...
  3. Windows terminal, error when trying to run as administrator. "File cannot be accessed by...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows terminal, error when trying to run as administrator. "File cannot be accessed by...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JellinWellen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gk9fmu/windows_terminal_error_when_trying_to_run_as/
  4. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive cannot connect to Windows: This error only happend maybe 1 out of 10 to 20 times when I boot my computer. But why does it happend? At first I suspected myabe the OneDrive service would benefit of having a delayed startup, but I can't even find it, and it might be a blind shot. I had the same problem...
  5. OneDrive and files access / delete

OneDrive and files access / delete: Had OneDrive running on my pc for some time, then I have stopped the synchronization lately. I have also an external HDD for primary back-up. Over the weekend I have back-up all my data on the external HDD, checked important folders to have the same amount of data, files,...
  6. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  7. OneDrive - QQU.ME folder cannot access when re-instal window

OneDrive - QQU.ME folder cannot access when re-instal window: D:\OneDrive - QQU.ME This folder I out all my data but it not finish upload to onedrive. And I install windows 7. But this folder cannot access. When i click on folder show: "The file cannot be accessed by the system" so please help me how to open this folder. Because all...
  8. Cannot access files

Cannot access files: For some reason I cannot access files since updating Office. When I try I get a standard message advising that I don't have permission to access the file. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/6cda0a33-597c-42dc-a894-b4c91f74cca8"
  9. Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR: Doc1.docx Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play 117134
  10. OneNote cannot connect to OneDrive

OneNote cannot connect to OneDrive: Windows 7 - No problem, I get a list of all my OneDrive folders for Web Locations. Windows 10 - Doesn't connect me logged into OneDrive and I cannot select a location. *Mad Note however, *Eek that if I follow the "Microsoft OneDrive" hyperlink right after the words "Web...