Windows 10: Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

Discus and support Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use Onedrive to access and modify important files both on my home desktop and my laptop when I am at work. Onedrive has always worked perfectly both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trixie the cat, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

I use Onedrive to access and modify important files both on my home desktop and my laptop when I am at work. Onedrive has always worked perfectly both on my home desktop and on my laptop except for one perplexing issue:When attempting to unlock Onedrive's personal vault section from my desktop everything works smoothly. However when trying to unlock that exact same personal vault using my laptop I get an error message indicating that Onedrive cannot unlock my vault at this time.This is immensely frustrating and I have found no way to solve the problem. If you could please advise me on how t

:)

trixie the cat, Oct 1, 2021

2. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I recently enabled the Personal Vault function in OneDrive (Office365 + 1TB subscription).

The vault functions correctly via browser and on my iPhone/iPad.

However, it doesn't work on my Windows10. I get two warning windows saying:

"Something went wrong with your Personal Vault.

Your Personal Vault is locked. To access your Personal Vault, please unlock it again.

[Unlock] [Close]"

And:

"We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault.

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error Code: 0x80004005.

[OK]"

To save you time, yes I have all updates installed, rebooted my PC twice, logged out of OneDrive then logged back in.

Efthymis Takos, Oct 1, 2021
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

SteveDrumeller, Oct 1, 2021
  4. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

1. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault - Similar Threads - Onedrive cannot unlock

2. OneDrive for Windows 10 missing "Unlock Personal Vault" option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for Windows 10 missing "Unlock Personal Vault" option: Hello please help: my OneDrive for Windows 10 is missing the "unlock personal vault" option that is supposed to be between "View Online" and "Pause Syncing":It's already updated to the latest 2021 August version.I have files in the Personal Vault folder online and has...
  3. Unlock my personal vault

Unlock my personal vault: Hi, I am not able to unlock my personal vault. Error message is 0x8031b002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-my-personal-vault/60950d41-7256-4ca3-a34d-9d5837463ec5"
  4. Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

Personal Vault Will Not Unlock: I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10 home build 1903 a few...
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  6. Cannot unlock Personal Vault

Cannot unlock Personal Vault: I recently re-installed my Surface book with a clean Windows 10. I enabled the Personal Vault in OneDrive. At about the same time, I changed the name of my computer so the vault name does not reflect the computer name. Now I cannot unlock my personal vault. I have attached...
  7. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.: I recently enabled the Personal Vault function in OneDrive (Office365 + 1TB subscription). The vault functions correctly via browser and on my iPhone/iPad. However, it doesn't work on my Windows10. I get two warning windows saying: "Something went wrong with your...
  8. Can't unlock personal vault

Can't unlock personal vault: I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the laptop) but not without difficulty as the install package, that stated it was installing OneDrive for the first time (when it's...
  9. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...
  10. Unlock OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 How to Unlock OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. OneDrive runs on the trusted...