Windows 10: Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online

Discus and support Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,Can anyone help me here please?I'm trying to delete a sub folder folder within my PC's Onedrive folder.I have deleted it within Onedrive online,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stretch A, May 24, 2021.

1. Stretch A Win User

Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online

Hello,Can anyone help me here please?I'm trying to delete a sub folder folder within my PC's Onedrive folder.I have deleted it within Onedrive online, so that's fine, but within the PC Onedrive folder, the troublesome sub folder always shows as syncing blue circular arrows icon in 'Status' on the PC.From what I can see, as&nbs

:)

Stretch A, May 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 24, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, May 24, 2021
  4. Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @Echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online

1. Onedrive: can't delete a file from Onedrive on PC but can within Onedrive online - Similar Threads - Onedrive can't delete

2. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  3. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  4. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  6. Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.: I accidentally deleted the onedrive folder on my pc. When onedrive syncs will the online files be deleted or will they be still in the cloud? 164791
  7. Can't see all OneDrive Folders and files in Windows Explorer but can in OneDrive online

Can't see all OneDrive Folders and files in Windows Explorer but can in OneDrive online: After selecting all Files and Folders in OneDrive to be available on my pc -> Settings -> Account -> Folders -> select ALL they still do not show up in my explorer window, but do show up when I display OneDrive online. How do I get them to show up again in my explorer window?...
  8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  10. delete " OneDrive " in " This PC "

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete " OneDrive " in " This PC ": Hi everyone. I'm new user of W10 10041 x64 and i need your help for little custom. Can you help me to delete " OneDrive " in " This PC " ? [img] Thanks ! Don't caring about the name of my system drive, it's just the name of the disk before updating to 10041....