Windows 10: OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

Discus and support OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently started using OneDrive to hold some small, simple Excel files. I access these files from a couple of PCs and mobile devices. Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robocop, Apr 6, 2019.

1. robocop Win User

OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

Hi,

I've recently started using OneDrive to hold some small, simple Excel files. I access these files from a couple of PCs and mobile devices. Each time I finish using the Excel file I close it as one should. At some point later I attempt to open/edit/save the Excel file & far too frequently I encounter the following error:

Can't Save Your Changes
    Your file wasn't saved because we couldn't merge your changes with changes from someone else.
    Click button options: Save a Copy or Discard My Changes

Since I'm the only one using these files, and I'm confident I close and save them appropriately, I don't understand why I frequently get these messages. It's not every time, but it is far too often. I'm then forced to save the newly edited file with a different filename, and then delete my original and rename the newly edited. It's painfully annoying!

Clearly I'm doing something wrong/one of my settings is wrong/ or something peculiar is happening. Any suggestions please?

I'm using
    2 x Win10 PCs
    1 x iPad
    1 x Android phone

Thank you

:)

robocop, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 6, 2019
  4. OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

1. OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes - Similar Threads - OneDrive Can't Save

2. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  3. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  4. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive: I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my organization's one drive account. I've tried deactivating the device, signing out & uninstalling one drive, changing the default...
  5. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive: I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my organization's one drive account. I've tried deactivating the device, signing out & uninstalling one drive, changing the default...
  6. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

7. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved: In the Onedrive account tab, after deselecting folders and files I no longer wish to have on my computer, I keep getting the response "onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved". There aer a variety of explanations for this. It also says that files are still syncing. One...
  8. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved: In the Onedrive account tab, after deselecting folders and files I no longer wish to have on my computer, I keep getting the response "onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved". There aer a variety of explanations for this. It also says that files are still syncing. One...
  9. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

10. Can't save changes on anything

Can't save changes on anything: As of today I can no longer save changes on anything, documents, pictures, etc. I've been doing it regularly for 2 years and now I can't. I am the administrator and don't understand why this is happening. I'm running windows 10 home. Please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive chnages cant be saved

2. microsoft cached credentials are expired

3. cant save on onedrive

4. your file wasnt saved because we couldnt merege your changes with changes,
  5. onedrive cant save,
  6. One drive excel - cant save changes,
  7. why do my changes not save on one drive,
  8. we could not upload or download your changes because,
  9. one drive not saving changes,
  10. How to fix sign-in required we cant save or check for changes because your cached credentials have expired message in Office 365? ,
  11. why am I getting a message about my cached credentials expiring,
  12. onedrive are you sure that you want to discard all your changes that have not been uploaded to the server,
  13. microsoft word cached credentials expired,
  14. one drive cant sign in because your cache for these credentials has expired,
  15. cant save any files because of onedrive