Windows 10: OneDrive causing blue screen crash

Discus and support OneDrive causing blue screen crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1082 I'm having a problem with OneDrive crashing Windows and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/billyyankNova, Sep 11, 2020.

1. OneDrive causing blue screen crash

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1082

I'm having a problem with OneDrive crashing Windows and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it.

It happens mostly when I pause syncing, but sometimes it makes it through the pause, and then crashes when I unpause.

When I pause syncing, the system will freeze. The mouse cursor doesn't respond, and the keyboard is ignored, even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anything. After a minute or so, the computer will either start responding again, or crash to a blue screen, collect data and reboot. I can pause once the system is done rebooting and there's no issue. The problem only seems to occur after the computer has been running for a while.

If the system doesn't crash after the freeze, then later when I unpause, I'll get the freeze and crash. If I've paused just after boot, then the unpause behaves normally without a freeze or crash.

I've googled, but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this, so I thought I'd ask here.

This just started happening about a week ago and I installed the update that came out earlier this week, but the problem is still happening.

submitted by /u/billyyankNova
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/billyyankNova, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 11, 2020
  4. OneDrive causing blue screen crash

my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive causing blue screen crash

1. OneDrive causing blue screen crash - Similar Threads - OneDrive causing blue

2. Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause: My PC has started crashing at least once a day with a blue screen saying "watchdog DPC violation".I've tried to look at the crash dump files but not really sure what im looking for to identify the cause.I've uploaded the dump file here if anyone can assist with this -...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe keeps causing Blue screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe keeps causing Blue screen crashes: Hi I got a new pc lately and at first everything was fine for a couple of days then I started experiencing numerous BSODs with various reasonings1.KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Happened twice before then moving onto the...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe keeps causing Blue screen crashes

ntoskrnl.exe keeps causing Blue screen crashes: Hi I got a new pc lately and at first everything was fine for a couple of days then I started experiencing numerous BSODs with various reasonings1.KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Happened twice before then moving onto the...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe keeps causing Blue screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidumpHelp would be greatly appreciated...
  7. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidumpHelp would be greatly appreciated...
  8. Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue-Screen Crashes caused DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My computer has been crashing frequently within the past month due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I suspect the issue is related to my graphics drivers, but I've no idea on how to fix it. minidump...
  9. NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTOSKRNL.exe is crashing and causing blue screens: Hello all,I’m currently having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing to the blue screen, then restarting. It seems to happen at any time, running CAD, playing games, on the desktop, etc.I used Blue Screen Viewer to pull the minidump files and get an idea of what’s...
  10. Blue screen crash caused by IntcAudioBus.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen crash caused by IntcAudioBus.sys: Been having this blue screen problem for a while where the laptop crashes after it's been on for a while and I access something that enables or requires sound. What I'm getting is: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: IntcAudioBus.sys I understand it has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blue screen onedrive

2. onedrive causing blue screen

3. onedrive cause blue screen

4. windows blue screen one drive