Windows 10: onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

Discus and support onedrive causing critical_process_died crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi my computer crashes within minutes if I turn OneDrive sync on. Blue screen with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. If I pause the sync it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bjarni Pall Ingason, Mar 27, 2019.

1. onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

Hi

my computer crashes within minutes if I turn OneDrive sync on. Blue screen with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. If I pause the sync it the computer works fine. Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.

Best regards,

Bjarni

:)

Bjarni Pall Ingason, Mar 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 27, 2019
  4. NGKH5 Win User

onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

1. onedrive causing critical_process_died crash - Similar Threads - onedrive causing critical_process_died

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes: Just wondering if anyone can help? Been having a few CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens and when i run WhoCrashed I get the error that is was caused by ntoskrnl.exeAny idea what could be causing this? ThanksTom...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - ntoskrnl.exe Error and Crashes: Just wondering if anyone can help? Been having a few CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens and when i run WhoCrashed I get the error that is was caused by ntoskrnl.exeAny idea what could be causing this? ThanksTom...
  4. Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died: I recently started getting this error out of nowhere and nothing seems to be fixing it. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-then-i-get-a-criticalprocessdied/e67b834d-88ed-4beb-aea9-1f853b2f8de2
  5. OneDrive causing blue screen crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive causing blue screen crash: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1082 I'm having a problem with OneDrive crashing Windows and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. It happens mostly when I pause syncing, but sometimes it makes it through the pause, and then crashes when I unpause. When I...
  6. Computer Crash CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED related to ntdll.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Crash CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED related to ntdll.sys and ntoskrnl.exe: Hi I'm wondering if anyone can advise on some system crashes I've been experiencing recently. Most though not all are CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED like the most recent one detailed here. I followed a similar thread, and have posted as much of the diagnostic info requested...
  7. How to detect the cause of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"?

How to detect the cause of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"?: Actually i'm having some problems with my PC after i formatted it and installed Windows 10 (Tryed to reinstall it couple of times but nothing changed) after the windows is running for some minutes the PC crash and gives a blue screen with error "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" then...
  8. Dell XPS 13 Crashing on Factory Reset (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 13 Crashing on Factory Reset (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): Im trying to factory reset on my Dell XPS 13 however everytime I choose any option in the 'Reset My PC' menu, it loads, restarts my laptop and then crashes with the blue screen containing error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. How do I resolve this? I've owned my XPS for 3...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes: Hey guys, For the past week or so I've been getting intermittent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and they seemed to just start popping up out of nowhere. I read a couple of the other threads here about it, and couldn't seem to...
  10. BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use

BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use: I have had no problems what so ever with this computer running Win 7 Pro for a very long time (2+ years) and when I moved to Win 10 Pro I get these BSOD Critical_Process_Died crashes while browsing the internet using Fire Fox. After the BSOD it will reboot and I can use again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive cause pc to crash

2. onedrive causing bsod