Windows 10: OneDrive changed my file locations??

Discus and support OneDrive changed my file locations?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reinstalled Win 10 recently and stupidly signed into OneDrive during the setup process. As soon as I transferred over my backed-up files, they all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zenobe_enro, Sep 8, 2020.

1. OneDrive changed my file locations??

I reinstalled Win 10 recently and stupidly signed into OneDrive during the setup process. As soon as I transferred over my backed-up files, they all immediately began to upload to OneDrive. No matter how many times I unlinked my computer from OneDrive, it kept relinking itself and uploading everything. So I went and uninstalled OneDrive. Problem solved. That was about a week ago. But I just noticed that for some reason, the file paths for my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders all have OneDrive in them: eg, C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures. Nothing has been saved in the user folders at all. Is there any way to revert them back to the default user locations?

Edit: Screenshot for clarification - https://imgur.com/a/Gv0uQlS

submitted by /u/zenobe_enro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zenobe_enro, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 8, 2020
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Sep 8, 2020
  4. OneDrive changed my file locations??

Shawn Brink, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive changed my file locations??

1. OneDrive changed my file locations?? - Similar Threads - OneDrive changed file

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. Change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  4. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  5. OneDrive location changes

OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  6. Onedrive backup changes directory location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  7. Onedrive backup changes directory location

Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  8. Changing OneDrive download location

Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...
  9. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  10. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...