Windows 10: OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite

Discus and support OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've used Carbonite for years with no problem, but since moving to Windows 10 was having real problems with Carbonite getting stuck part way, etc..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blackcat50, Dec 16, 2018.

1. OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite

I've used Carbonite for years with no problem, but since moving to Windows 10 was having real problems with Carbonite getting stuck part way, etc.. Have been told that this is because it conflicts with OneDrive. I wasn't even aware that I was using OneDrive, and don't particularly want to do so, as I have no need for document-sharing and so forth.

However, it looks as if OneDrive has been 'kidnapping' all sorts of files and folders and, when I try to copy the item and move it back to a desktop folder, the system just keeps saying 'Copying from OneDrive to OneDrive' How do I stop this happening, and how can I save things where I know they can be properly backed-up?

HELP!

:)

Blackcat50, Dec 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 16, 2018
  3. cdaKL Win User
    SettingSyncHost.exe errors causing problems with Carbonite?

I have had 650+ ESENT errors in the last 30 days, which is now negatively impacting my Carbonite backup (ie. per Carbonite support these errors are preventing the backup from completing). These are both performance and general errors (per EventViewer).

There was an update to the SettingSyncHost executable on 9/29/17. I have researched if this is associated with OneDrive, however I'm unable to uninstall OneDrive. I have deleted all sub-folders for that file so there is nothing for OneDrive to do, if indeed
    it is using SettingSyncHost.exe. (I have submitted a ticket with OneDrive support to see if they can help uninstalling OneDrive.)

More specifics:

During the (prior to the 9/29/17 release) 30 days (08/01/17 - 09/01/17) there were 230 errors. Not making any assumptions here, but the number of errors has reached a critical point preventing Carbonite from working (per Carbonite support). And to be accurate,
    Carbonite support did not go beyond suggesting that this could be either a software or hardware issue, however all other applications are working fine and no other hardware issues are popping up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

cdaKL, Dec 16, 2018
  4. OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite

Problems with Carbonite

I have not upgraded to win 10 , BUT Microsoft has been installing a lot of updates without my consent . So I am in a Windows 7.1 with more than 98 updates in the last 2 months. Carbonite also updated their program. I had a Dell tech spend a whole day at
    my place and pretty much rebuilt the hardware. A lot of problems were fixed but CARBONITE Local (mirror) does not find the USB drives (I have bought two different ones) Today I spend the day on the phone with a Carbonite repo. NO GO.

So now I have a Carbonite that is unusable for mirroring , a lot of problems with something I had never seen in Win 7.1 Security Credentials Which MUST be one of the updates for Win 10 compatibility but that it is a mess since it confuses users and ignores
    that i do not require a password.

Typically I have no way of knowing if Carbonite is at fault or is it Microsoft but

OneDrive

Messenger

Live Mail

Have problems

and

Carbonite can not find any external drives in my system

Anyone else with this damn Security Credentials?

HForcelledo, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite

1. OneDrive conflicting with Carbonite - Similar Threads - OneDrive conflicting Carbonite

2. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and Android Storage conflict: Hi Everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help.I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I use ONEDRIVE as my online storage. I thought this meant that by using ONEDRIVE, I accessed my files online, however OneDrive is using 110GB of my phones storage.Is this normal? Am I doing...
  3. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and Android Storage conflict: Hi Everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help.I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I use ONEDRIVE as my online storage. I thought this meant that by using ONEDRIVE, I accessed my files online, however OneDrive is using 110GB of my phones storage.Is this normal? Am I doing...
  4. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive syncing conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive syncing conflict: I have 1TB of OneDrive as part of my Microsoft 365 subscription. I want to back up specific file folders on OneDrive, but I get the following error message: "We can't backup your folders in OneDrive, because you're syncing them in another cloud storage. Please turn off the...
  6. OneDrive syncing conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive syncing conflict: I have 1TB of OneDrive as part of my Microsoft 365 subscription. I want to back up specific file folders on OneDrive, but I get the following error message: "We can't backup your folders in OneDrive, because you're syncing them in another cloud storage. Please turn off the...
  7. OneDrive syncing conflict

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. GoogleDrive and OneDrive conflict on Win10 PC

GoogleDrive and OneDrive conflict on Win10 PC: I am a OneDrive user. I also wanted to sync my Google library to my local fileshare. When I installed Google Drive Filestream for PC, now I get a recurring dialog stating that "googledrivesync.exe is downloading from onedrive." Nothing you can do to stop this recurring...
  9. Onedrive conflicting with Office-Applications

Onedrive conflicting with Office-Applications: When I've opened from my local Onedrive-folder any Office 365 document - Word, Excel or Powerpoint - and close it again, and reopen that Office Application the recently used file doesn't show up in the list of 'Recent'-files in the Office Application. When I've worked in a...
  10. OneDrive and Carbonite not set up they way I want to use them.

OneDrive and Carbonite not set up they way I want to use them.: I’ve had Carbonite on my Windows 10 PC for years and I want to keep using it on the PC. I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and I only want some of my files on the laptop. I don’t want all of them there. Although my PC had OneDrive I had not ever used it. I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. carbonite with onedrive

2. carbonite and onedrive conflict

3. carbonite onedrive causing files delete

4. carbonite and windows 10 issues,
  5. onedrive and carbonite conflict,
  6. carbonite onedrive problems,
  7. carbonite and one drive conflict,
  8. will carbonite conflict with onedrive