Windows 10: OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web)

Discus and support OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Is it possible to search words content inside a document using android app or even the web version of onedrive? I can just search file by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R2019#, Nov 19, 2019.

1. R2019# Win User

OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web)

Hello,

Is it possible to search words content inside a document using android app or even the web version of onedrive?

I can just search file by it´s names, but i can´t find any files by the content inside the words documents, for example.

Thanks!

:)

R2019#, Nov 19, 2019

2. Avoid getting OneDrive search results for local files

In Windows 10, how can I avoid getting search results that link to files online in OneDrive (and open a web browser when you click them) when those files also reside locally? I want just the local files, so that when I choose a result, the local app opens.

For background, here the problem report I submitted via the Windows 10 Feedback app:

Edward Brey, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Content search not working, search is not showing the documents containing the searched words.

Original Title - Content search not working

I have a new Windows 10 Professional which I am positively surprised with after switching from Windows XP. Unfortunately, the file content search is not working. This is something I use everyday for my work. Every day I must search through over 600 Word
    documents. I tried using advanced search in the File Explorer, ticked File contents search in non-indexed locations even though I set my usual folders to be indexed. Still, the search is not showing the documents containing the searched words.

I noticed a very interesting thing, though. If I create a Word document under the new system, the file content search works perfectly. However, if I have documents created elsewhere (and I have just transferred my huge archive from another computer) the
    search does not work.

There is also one trick I discovered. If only I modify the document a little bit, even by adding one space, and save it again, the content search works fine.

I do not have time to modify every document I have, it would very time consuming. I also get loads of documents from other sources and it would be pointless for me to edit them all, save and only then be able to search through them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

naturelovers, Nov 19, 2019
  4. OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web)

Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check Windows 10 search is able to search the file in OneDrive folder.

1. Press Windows + I key to launch
      Windows Settings
    2. Select Cortana and click
      Permissions & History
      from the left pane.
    3. Toggle the Windows Cloud Search switch to
      On, which present under Cloud Search.
    4. Restart the page and then initiate Windows Search.

However, we do have a dedicated support team for OneDrive related queries, you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web)

1. OneDrive content search (words inside documents) (app and web) - Similar Threads - OneDrive content search

2. Word on the web now transform documents into PowerPoint presentations

in Windows 10 News
    Word on the web now transform documents into PowerPoint presentations: Hi, Office Insiders, my name is Mohit Anand, and I’m a Program Manager on the PowerPoint team. I’m glad to share that a new scenario is now available in Word for the web. You can now transform Word documents into PowerPoint presentations. Word...
  3. Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows Search search for content in Office documents?: Is it possible to search for example a specific text inside one of my excel documents from my Windows Search? Like if I enter a text in search it will show an excel document that has that text inside one of Excell cells. submitted by /u/Slim97Shady [link] [comments]...
  4. Word Document taking long time to Save Content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document taking long time to Save Content: Hello, From last 1 month when I save any data in the word, it is taking long time and word become not responsive and complete 100% CPU is used by the word application to save the data....
  5. Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update: ...Is turned back on, yet again. On version 1909 I had it disabled via “BingSearchEnabled” REG_DWORD ‘0’ The registry entry is still there post 2004 update — and so are windows search web results. I’ve tried the group policy changes to disallow web search as well — no...
  6. Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive: I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message: [img] Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx"....
  7. Saving web content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving web content: How do I save a web page as a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-web-content/607aac3f-4add-43f6-b930-cc60adbdc167
  8. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar: On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents folder where all my work is--not uncommon for users, I bet. On Windows 10 I haven't yet found a shortcut to the Documents folder...
  9. Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive: I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message: [img] Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx"....
  10. Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder: Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder, despite setting that option in Advanced Options in Indexing Options. Rebuilding index doesn't help with that. It seems to me that OneDrive setting which might preventing searching for file contents is...