Windows 10: Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU

Discus and support Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do not know if it is latest update 16299.309 but my onedrive context menu items have gone! I uninstalled onedrive, and reinstalled from cloud and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU

I do not know if it is latest update 16299.309 but my onedrive context menu items have gone!
    I uninstalled onedrive, and reinstalled from cloud and still not there.

I cannot change file status.

Any ideas?

Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU [​IMG]

:)

cereberus, Mar 13, 2018

2. Help me fix my MMC Snap-ins please! (disabled context menu entry and it broke them)

I used a piece of software called Windows 10 Manager which is a collection of tools one of which is a Context Menu Manager.

I disabled a half dozen items but the problem didnt present itself until after I had restarted several days later. I used a restore point and went through a process of elimination to determine it was the "Send-To" context menu entry being disabled which
    caused the "MMC could not create the snap-in" error for things like event viewer and task scheduler.

These are both important softwares to me and the restore point is too old to be a viable solution.

I went ahead and re enabled the "Send-to" entry in Context Menu Manager which DID return said context menu entry to my context menu. It unfortunately DID NOT return my snap-ins to their previous functioning behavior however.

What is the disabling of this menu entry tied to that is potentially not re-enabled? I need to fix this urgently.

I've ran sfc's, gone through all existing threads i could find ala google, re installed .NET frameworks... I'm at a loss hence the posting.

This one is gonna take one of the pros i imagine Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU :p

klepp0906-, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Bitlocker on system drive enabled, but not posssible on 2nd data drive?

Hi!

I've Windows 10 Pro. I have enabled Bitlocker on my system drive in the Explorer

over the context menu. That was successful. But there is no context menu entry

for my second HDD.

Why?

Christoph.P, Mar 13, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Martin, you are missing "OneDrive" specific options, like "make available" and "Free Space"?

f14tomcat, Mar 13, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    I don't use OneDrive that often, but mine updated a few days ago to 18.025.0204.0009. I still have the context menu options, but the Free Up Space doesn't work anymore and I can see HDD space decrease when it syncs. I've tried unlinking my account, uninstall/reinstall, etc but nothing has fixed the Free Up Space issue. Also after uninstall/reinstall, OneDrive is missing from the Navigation Pane. Tried the reg fix, but that didn't put it back.

Eagle51, Mar 13, 2018
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Same version here. All works. Free up space works. It's a bit weird how it works, the mechanics. If you have any files that are "attached" to other apps, such as the Photos app, the sync will jump thru hoops. First setting them all to "available on line", then downloading them again to keep the attaching app(s) happy. It can take quite a while sometimes. Must be a bear on metered connections.

f14tomcat, Mar 13, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    Yes exactly this.

I restored pc back a couple of days with good old Macrium Reflect to 16299.251, and the context menu stuff was back.

I then redid the update to 16299.309, and context menu items were still there!

Something obviously glitched but all is fine now. One of life's mysteries I guess!

Incidentally, other reported same thing on Feedback Hub, so there must be a bug affecting some users somewhere.

cereberus, Mar 13, 2018
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Just got back on and saw this. Glad you are fixed! That, indeed, is a weird one..... *Smile

f14tomcat, Mar 13, 2018
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Update on OneDrive missing from the Navigation Pane ... Not saying this is a fix, just what I found *Smile

On my Desktop PC ... while trying to debug OneDrive > Free Up Space which seems to be broken. I had unlinked account / uninstalled / reinstalled OneDrive and during this process I lost OneDrive in the Navigation Pane . Nothing I tried would bring it back, so I compared the registry on my laptop (OneDrive shows in the Navigation Pane) to registry on my desktop. I found one key in the desktop registry that was not in the Laptop registry, so I exported the key and deleted it, then restarted Explorer and OneDrive showed up in the Navigation Pane again.

The extra key (for lack of a better term) I found in my desktop registry was located at ...
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID
    {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

Note: I didn't mess with OneDrive on my laptop, but the Free Up Space doesn't appear to work on it either.

Eagle51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive context menu entries have gone on FCU - Similar Threads - Onedrive context menu

2. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  3. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  4. No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909: Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Windows 10 on a formatted drive. I've updated to version 1909 Build 18363.900. I'm running OneDrive version 2020 Build 20.064.0329.0008. There's no Context Menu for OneDrive when I click on any files in the OneDrive folder in...
  5. How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive: I removed the Moden sharing context menu but I still this annoying Move to One Drive context menu. Is there a way to get rid of it? [ATTACH] 127157
  6. Removing Office '16 context menu entries?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office '16 context menu entries?: Hello; I've recently installed Office 16 and only just noticed that it's added new context meny entries in my explorer. Upon /r clicking (in the desktop, not on a file), under "new" category, there are now entries for each and every Office 'product': New Word document, New...
  7. How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu: Hi, this is my first post and I hope this is the right forum section. I'm trying to make Windows 10 more "personal", adding/removing some features according to my needs. Now I'm customising the right click context menu and I'd like to remove OneDrive entries, without...
  8. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  9. Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917
  10. No context menu in OneDrive directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No context menu in OneDrive directory: From a while back I noticed that there is no context menu for OneDrive when clicking files or folders in the OneDrive directory. Today I updated to the Fall Creators Update and the new OneDrive and there's still no context menu so I can't properly use the new on-demand...