Windows 10: OneDrive context menu in build 9879

Discus and support OneDrive context menu in build 9879 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adamf, Nov 12, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

OneDrive context menu in build 9879

I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk.

Attachment 8233

:)

adamf, Nov 12, 2014

2. No OneDrive placeholders on WIn 10?

Work Around Instructions

This works great.. a work around...not perfect. but ok

1 Sign-in to your OneDrive account in your web browser

2 Click on Files

3 From the address bar copy the CID ID. This is the part of the URL after
    “?cid=”. The URL looks something like this: OneDrive. In this case, I will copy the this part
    “d1sareageat38asde9ec6”.

4 Open File Explorer and go to This
    PC

5 From the ribbon menu, go to Computer, and then click
    Map
    Network
    Drive

6 In the Folder field type the following address:

MercedesGuyW211, Nov 12, 2014
  3. Onedrive on Windows 10

You can map your OneDrive as a network drive. You will need your CID ID which I had to find in the source code of the page as it wasn't displayed in the browser (F12+Ctrl F "CID" or "vcid"). Its not perfect, but seems to be working. I found the steps
    here:

How to bring OneDrive placeholder back to Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

LonerMcBookworm, Nov 12, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's been changed with the new 9879 build.

New build available to the Windows Insider Program

Brink, Nov 12, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    Ahh thats a shame.

It is a bit laborious going through OneDrive Tray Icon -> Settings -> "Choose Folders" -> "Chose Folders" -> "Choose Folders to Sync" and then opening up the tree.

Then if you don't want to sync one file in a folder you can't - it is all the contents or none.

Attachment 8237

I'll leave some feedback *Smile

adamf, Nov 12, 2014
  6. I've been reading here and there, and it seems the new OneDrive change is not getting rave reviews at all. Just the opposite.

I have no problem with what they have, just don't see the reason to get rid of the OneDrive app.

lparsons21, Nov 12, 2014
  7. adamf Win User
    Actually I like it - it is clearer what is happening. Just having a context menu to choose a specific file would be more efficient and useful especially if it was big and you are running out of local disk space (which I always am).

adamf, Nov 12, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive context menu in build 9879 - Similar Threads - OneDrive context menu

2. OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell: Hello. I want to eliminate specific OneDrive options that appear in the Context Menu when I right-click on the File Explorer. I don't want to eliminate all the OneDrive options: just specific ones, like "Free up space" and "Storage at 85%: Get more". Is it possible? Thank you...
  3. No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909

No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909: Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Windows 10 on a formatted drive. I've updated to version 1909 Build 18363.900. I'm running OneDrive version 2020 Build 20.064.0329.0008. There's no Context Menu for OneDrive when I click on any files in the OneDrive folder in...
  4. Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu

Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu: Hi, I want to share a 56 MB file with a friend using Onedrive. I add to 'shared favourites' on Onedrive and then right click, however the context menu simply has 'share' as an option which displays a dialogue where you can choose an email address and it will then send an...
  5. remove OneDrive options from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  6. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  7. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  8. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  9. No context menu in OneDrive directory

No context menu in OneDrive directory: From a while back I noticed that there is no context menu for OneDrive when clicking files or folders in the OneDrive directory. Today I updated to the Fall Creators Update and the new OneDrive and there's still no context menu so I can't properly use the new on-demand...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...