Windows 10: OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I...

Discus and support OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I start it. It is using too much of my storage space. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DMC1010, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DMC1010 Win User

OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I...

OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I start it. It is using too much of my storage space. How can I prevent auto-sync? Thanks

:)

DMC1010, Mar 7, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

OneDrive Sync Issue

Has anyone who actually upgraded noticed that OneDrive is continuing to sync files? Since upgrading to 10 on Wednesday One drive has been trying to sync this file...

OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I... [​IMG]

I've no idea what it is or where it came from but it is not in any of my folders, nor is it in my OneDrive folder online, It's only on the Win 10 laptop. Additionally I can not delete it because it says "the file is open in Microsoft OneDrive".

Also, If I stop OneDrive from syncing when I log in, the file disappears, but as soon as I turn on OneDrive, the file re-appears and OneDrive continues to try to sync it...

OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I... [​IMG]

Anyone else see this or have an idea? BTW all my other files and folders are sync'd and good to go. It's just this orphan file that's making OneDrive continue to sync.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Photos are not syncing to OneDrive

Hello pleonidas,

Thank you for your accurate response and for trying the steps.

This shows us that the auto-upload works normally, but only for photos that you take after switching the auto-upload on.

Of course, uploading manually 450 photos is completely unpractical so what I would suggest, is to sync your photos to your PC using the Windows Phone app.

Then of course, if you wish to upload them to Onedrive, you should be able to do that more easily from your PC. At least, your photos will be backed up.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gr., Mar 7, 2019
  4. DrAS Win User

OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I...

Onedrive has ceased to sync

Good afternoon

Without warning, Onedrive has ceased to sync. The little ticks have disappeared and the icon is missing from the system tray. If I launch the programme manually nothing happens. I shall of course continue to ferret around but suggestions gratefully received.

DrAS, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive continues to sync every photo from my pc that I do not want synced as soon as I... - Similar Threads - OneDrive continues sync

2. How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?: I have several folders that I want to keep on my PC and not have them sync to OneDrive. I can never find any satisfactory answer to this question. It seems that hundreds of us are all clamoring for a real solution from Microsoft and it is not forthcoming. Is there a reason...
  3. How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep folders on my PC from syncing to OneDrive?: I have several folders that I want to keep on my PC and not have them sync to OneDrive. I can never find any satisfactory answer to this question. It seems that hundreds of us are all clamoring for a real solution from Microsoft and it is not forthcoming. Is there a reason...
  4. Where are Onedrive photos synced on my windows pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are Onedrive photos synced on my windows pc?: Is it possible view my photos synced from Onedrive cloud to my windows 10 laptop?How? And where are those pictures?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-onedrive-photos-synced-on-my-windows-pc/40dcc9bd-ef97-413b-b1fc-685f23ec92b9
  5. Onedrive and PC sync

Onedrive and PC sync: Hi, I would like to find out how to stop syncing certain folders from my pc to onedrive? I dont want to loose any folders on my pc. That seems to be the issue when you select folders on onedrive, then it deletes folders on my pc. Thanks...
  6. I don't want OneDrive Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want OneDrive Syncing: When I boot my machine which is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an...
  7. I don't ever want Onedrive to sync with my new pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't ever want Onedrive to sync with my new pc.: How do I stop syncing with Onedrive permanently? I backup everything to an external hard drive. I DO NOT want to sync to a cloud service. OneDrive seems to do this automatically on my new pc running Windows 10. I unlinked it previously. Today, it's linked up and trying to...
  8. Photos from onedrive are syncing to my computer

Photos from onedrive are syncing to my computer: I have private photos on OneDrive for a reason, I don't want them showing up in my PC documents/pictures. I also don't want to delete OneDrive from my computer, I just don't want the photos to appear in my PC files. How do I fix this, if possible?...
  9. how do i sync photos from pc to ipad

how do i sync photos from pc to ipad: how to sync photos from pc to ipad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-photos-from-pc-to-ipad/597e7648-b33f-4dbb-9261-7c1c89497481"
  10. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

iCloud photos sync to onedrive: I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the...