Windows 10: OneDrive Copies

Discus and support OneDrive Copies in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott 55, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Scott 55 Win User

OneDrive Copies

Hi

I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder.

I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and music. I'd like to release some of the space on my C: drive - which set of documents is it safe to delete?

:)

Scott 55, Apr 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I would suggest you to reset OneDrive and then try copying the files to see if it works.

• Press ‘Windows’
      and ‘R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and copy paste the following into the Run box:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Open Run window again and copy paste the following:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Restart the machine and try copying the files to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, turn off Files On-Demand feature and try copying. Refer to the article
    Save disk space
    with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10
    , for the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 7, 2020
  4. OneDrive Copies

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Copies

1. OneDrive Copies - Similar Threads - OneDrive Copies

2. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  3. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  4. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  5. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  6. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

7. How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive: I am unhappy that my PC is saving items to OneDrive. I want to download all of my things from Onedrive to my computer and then remove OneDrive. How do I accomplish this?...
  8. How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive

How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive: I am unhappy that my PC is saving items to OneDrive. I want to download all of my things from Onedrive to my computer and then remove OneDrive. How do I accomplish this?...
  9. I've just copied my entire Downloads folder to Onedrive and instantly maxed it out, now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've just copied my entire Downloads folder to Onedrive and instantly maxed it out, now I...: I was looking to backup my computer to onedrive, and I copied over my downloads folder. Unfortunately, this instantly maxed out my storage space on my onedrive, and now my file explorer stops responding every time I attempt to select anything As such, I cannot delete the...
  10. I've just copied my entire Downloads folder to Onedrive and instantly maxed it out, now I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've just copied my entire Downloads folder to Onedrive and instantly maxed it out, now I...: I was looking to backup my computer to onedrive, and I copied over my downloads folder. Unfortunately, this instantly maxed out my storage space on my onedrive, and now my file explorer stops responding every time I attempt to select anything As such, I cannot delete the...