Windows 10: OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do?

Discus and support OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have read the tutorial Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive on this issue, but it only covered "Add to my OneDrive". There is actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gnulab, Jan 23, 2021.

1. gnulab Win User

OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do?

Hi,

I have read the tutorial Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive on this issue, but it only covered "Add to my OneDrive". There is actually another option called "Copy To".

What does COPY TO achieve?

I had tried both options and I don't see any difference between those 2 options.

Both options allow you to sync files to your desktop/laptop.
    Except the "Add to my OneDrive" option limits you to add to the root folder of your home directory.
    "Copy To" allows you to copy the folder to anywhere you desire.

Enlightmentment please.
    Henry

:)

gnulab, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I would suggest you to reset OneDrive and then try copying the files to see if it works.

• Press ‘Windows’
      and ‘R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and copy paste the following into the Run box:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Open Run window again and copy paste the following:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Restart the machine and try copying the files to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, turn off Files On-Demand feature and try copying. Refer to the article
    Save disk space
    with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10
    , for the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 23, 2021
  4. OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do?

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do?

1. OneDrive - Copy To - What does it do? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Copy does

2. what does this do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does this do?: should i uninstall this?is it safe to do so?what will happen if i do uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/7aaab5d1-91f4-47cd-a45f-2bad9631fdba
  3. What does this do?

What does this do?: i'm not entirely sure what this does, could someone explain to me? is it safe to click this? or if i click this i will get disconnected from my WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/85f92333-9b70-4326-8189-5a36763ec17b
  4. What does this do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this do?: i'm not entirely sure what this does, could someone explain to me? is it safe to click this? or if i click this i will get disconnected from my WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/85f92333-9b70-4326-8189-5a36763ec17b
  5. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  6. Onedrive -Copy

Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  7. What does this OneDrive Status indicate?

What does this OneDrive Status indicate?: [ATTACH] I found this page: What do the OneDrive icons mean? - Office Support microsoft.com that explained a lot of the little status icons, but what does the "processing changes" followed by a little person mean?...
  8. what is this? and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  9. OneDrive Copies

OneDrive Copies: Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and...
  10. What does OneDrive Standalone Update Task do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does OneDrive Standalone Update Task do?: OneDrive Standalone Update Task is found under scheduled task, I would like to know on what it does and why I need this scheduled task. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...