Windows 10: OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Discus and support OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by camilo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. camilo Win User

OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Hi there,

I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now syncing my newly copied folders back to my C: drive (C:\Users\myname\onedrive). In other words, it has created a third copy of my files, one on D:, one on OneDrive and one on C:. I only want to have them od D: and OneDrive, I haven't got much space on C:.

Thanks

:)

camilo, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 7, 2020
  4. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Caledon Ken, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

1. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back - Similar Threads - OneDrive copying folder

2. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  3. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  4. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  5. Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending": I have a subfolder in my local OneDriver folder that I would like to delete. However, its status is "sync pending", which makes it impossible to change anything about the folder.While I am aware that there is a bug fix KB4550945, it's over a year old, which makes me doubt...
  6. I'd like to stop syncing OneDrive for a specific folder, but without having that folder...

I'd like to stop syncing OneDrive for a specific folder, but without having that folder...: Essentially I'd like to have a file on my PC but not on the web. When I go to OneDrive settings to choose the folder I want "unsynced", the opposite happens. The selected folder disappears from my PC but stays on the web. Please help me solve this issue! Thanks...
  7. Backup a folder in OneDrive without backing up a particular nested folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup a folder in OneDrive without backing up a particular nested folder: Hi guys. I want to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive (the automatic backup to OneDrive thing that Windows 10 does). However, I don't want all the folders inside the Documents folder to get backed up. Is there any way to pick and choose the folders that will get backed...
  8. Sync a copy on OneDrive

Sync a copy on OneDrive: Is it possible to sync automatically a copy of a program on OneDrive? Or this is only possible if I transfer the program to OneDrive? Thanks, Daniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-a-copy-on-onedrive/cde38971-cc83-49a9-b780-2edb1a82b328
  9. Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive

Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive: When I try to unlink a particular folder from OneDrive, it warns me that it will delete all local copies. This is the opposite behavior that I want. I actually want the local copy and do not want that folder stored on OneDrive. Use Case: The 244 GB .tar file that I am...
  10. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive copy files without syncing