Windows 10: OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Discus and support OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by camilo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. camilo Win User

OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Hi there,

I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now syncing my newly copied folders back to my C: drive (C:\Users\myname\onedrive). In other words, it has created a third copy of my files, one on D:, one on OneDrive and one on C:. I only want to have them od D: and OneDrive, I haven't got much space on C:.

Thanks

:)

camilo, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 7, 2020
  4. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

Caledon Ken, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

1. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back - Similar Threads - OneDrive copying folder

2. Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive: Hey all, I installed "Onedrive Backup" on my server. It auto backups my whole server to my Onedrive account. Now I would like to sync just that 1 folder from my Onedrive to an external drive on my PC. Is that possible? 137980
  3. OneDrive files/folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...
  4. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  5. Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive

Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive: I recently had to do a system re-bootr on my windows 10 PC. When i re-installed one drive I ended up with 2 copies of the same. One shows the blue cloud under status, and the other does not. Am I safe to delete the copy that does not have the blue cloud without deleting all...
  6. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  7. Backup files to OneDrive without syncing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files to OneDrive without syncing: Hello I want to back up my music collection from my D-drive. I have copied (drag & drop) my files from D: to OneD – that was easy, intuitive and straight forward. However OneDrive is now trying synchronise my newly copied files back with my PC. It is not syncing with the...
  8. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...
  9. Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 OneDrive is free online storage that comes included with Windows 10 and used with your Microsoft account. Save your files to OneDrive, and you'll be able to get to them...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive copy files without syncing