Windows 10: OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home

Discus and support OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home lost 2 years of one excel file in OneDrive that is used daily. Also, after the upgrade, my ACDSee database was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bobtarrel, Oct 5, 2022.

1. bobtarrel Win User

OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home

My upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home lost 2 years of one excel file in OneDrive that is used daily. Also, after the upgrade, my ACDSee database was corrupted. Any suggestions on how to get my OneDrive files back?

:)

bobtarrel, Oct 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home - Similar Threads - OneDrive corrupted upgrade

2. OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home: My upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home lost 2 years of one excel file in OneDrive that is used daily. Also, after the upgrade, my ACDSee database was corrupted. Any suggestions on how to get my OneDrive files back?...
  3. OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive corrupted after upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home: My upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Home lost 2 years of one excel file in OneDrive that is used daily. Also, after the upgrade, my ACDSee database was corrupted. Any suggestions on how to get my OneDrive files back?...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  5. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO: I have purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO from Microsoft. When I click on install on the upgraed site I get a message " something happend and we couldn't start the upgrade" No error code or any other info. I turned off anti-virous and fire wall. I don't have key...
  6. Upgrading from win 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from win 10 home to pro: So, I used the windows installation media to copy a licensed win 10 home to my newly built pc. Now, I'm considering upgrading to Pro but have a few questions. Since my current windows is a Home install but isn't activated, can I simply upgrade using a Win 10 Pro key and...
  7. upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro: I needed a product key to activate win 10 so I purchased Home. product key would not activate. Then I noticed I needed the Pro product key. How can I upgrade to the Pro purchase key? I just purchased the Win 10 home from Microsoft store a few hours ago and it was completely...
  8. upgrade from win 10 home to pro

upgrade from win 10 home to pro: Hi. I deactivated old laptop with Win 10 Pro and used that activation key for my new laptop with Win 10 Home installed. Activation key is fine (no errors reported) but, new PC still shows as Win 10 Home installed. any ideas why? Thank you...
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  10. Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro

Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro: I purchased a machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM licence from Directdeals.com as I had done successfully before, now when I try and enter the new product key I get an error message: "The product key you entered didn't work. …...