Windows 10: Onedrive corrupts files and file names

Discus and support Onedrive corrupts files and file names in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bmoag, Oct 27, 2021.

1. bmoag Win User

Onedrive corrupts files and file names

I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of those files have been on Onedrive and not accessed in a considerable amount of time, some have been accessed recently but not changed as they are PDFs. The file names were corrupted by Onedrive, which is the only access to those files. Onedrive offers to repair the corruption it caused but it is unable to do so. When has a

:)

bmoag, Oct 27, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, Oct 27, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Onedrive corrupts files and file names - Similar Threads - Onedrive corrupts files

2. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  3. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  5. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  6. Why does Onedrive corrupt file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Onedrive corrupt file names?: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  7. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

Corrupted file filled up OneDrive: I had trouble with my Nintendo Switch saying that the micro SD card I was using was full while at the same time saying that there were 30 GB of free space on it. I looked through the files and found a file for Pokemon Sword that was labelled as corrupted. I tried deleting the...
  8. File names corrupted to .npsk format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File names corrupted to .npsk format: HI, I have installed some wrong software which had ransomware, and this is affected my PC. However slightly late i have realized that my pc being affected by virus. by then my all files were renamed as .npsk praveen.jpg.npsk. does any one have solution to this as how to get...
  9. OneDrive - Invalid File Name

OneDrive - Invalid File Name: Hi All Recently I add new folders to me OneDrive location. Apperently one of sub folders name was invalid one for OneDrive. When I tried to change this folder name or delete it I'm getting error saying: “Could not find this item. This is no longer located in [Path]. Verify...
  10. Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name

Onedrive creates duplicate files with PC name added to file name: This was sort of asked before, but the discussion closed by administration without an answer being found: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/onedrive-creates-duplicate-file-name-with-pc-name/18f1fd5c-b217-49ee-8552-fa118a25bf1e?page=1. I use...