Windows 10: OneDrive crashes File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive crashes File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In most ways, OneDrive seems to function normally. I can access documents on via my laptop, iOS app, internet browser, etc. On my PC, however, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Saldrich26, Feb 25, 2019.

1. OneDrive crashes File Explorer

In most ways, OneDrive seems to function normally. I can access documents on via my laptop, iOS app, internet browser, etc. On my PC, however, any attempt to access a OneDrive item through file explorer results in it freezing, (not responding), and then explorer crashes.

I can still make documents on the PC, save them to OD, and they seem to sync fine. The folder structure and contents of OD, as viewed through PC file explorer, is also accurate. Syncing doesn't seem to be an issue. It just crashes anytime i actually try to open (or even click) on an item in file explorer.

Things i have tried:

Made sure i have current windows 10 updates, and OD says it's up to date as well.
    I've de-linked my PC and then re-linked it with OD.
    I reset OD via %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

Any help is appreciated. I don't know what precipitated this change...it was working fine one morning, and then suddenly it wasn't. I didn't do anything in between, nor am i aware of any updates or changes that happened during that time.

Any help is appreciated.

Spencer.

:)

Saldrich26, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Seanzzxx Win User

Onedrive crashes within file explorer

Whenever I try to open Onedrive in my file explorer (on Windows 10), it crashes. It works fine on my browser and phone, but not on my file explorer, which is where I use it the most by far. I cannot even right click the 'onedrive' icon in my quick access without
    my explorer freezing up. Anyone have a solution for this? It would be MUCH appreciated!

Seanzzxx, Feb 25, 2019
  3. File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 25, 2019
  4. OneDrive crashes File Explorer

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive crashes File Explorer

1. OneDrive crashes File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive crashes File

2. OneDrive not viewable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not viewable in file explorer: I installed KB5019961 on November 10th and KB5020622 today November 12th, so I should have the most recent version of 22H2, but I do not see any tabs and can only find files on OneDrive through the search function.......
  3. OneDrive not viewable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not viewable in file explorer: I installed KB5019961 on November 10th and KB5020622 today November 12th, so I should have the most recent version of 22H2, but I do not see any tabs and can only find files on OneDrive through the search function.......
  4. File Explorer OneDrive collapsed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer OneDrive collapsed: OneDrive on File Explorer is always collapsed--this changed a few weeks ago. How do I set File Explorer to always expand the OneDrive folders in the Navigation Pane?...
  5. File Explorer OneDrive collapsed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer OneDrive collapsed: OneDrive on File Explorer is always collapsed--this changed a few weeks ago. How do I set File Explorer to always expand the OneDrive folders in the Navigation Pane?...
  6. OneDrive on File Explorer

OneDrive on File Explorer: I have bought a new computer in Spain and finally got it set up in English, but I am having trouble with OneDrive on File Explorer. I have searched all the solutions, but the ones that say it should already be there you just need to sign in doesn´t help because it isn´t. When...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer

OneDrive in File Explorer: When I look at OneDrive in File Explorer, the only item in the OneDrive folder is my "Personal Vault" which is empty. When I open Excel, for example, I see a list of files I can open, all of which reside on OneDrive. I can open, edit, and save these files with no problem. But...
  8. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  9. OneDrive and File Explorer not responding

OneDrive and File Explorer not responding: I am working on a project with someone and we are storing files on OneDrive. Whenever I try to open or move any files into or out of a folder, I get the message "not responding". I tried resetting OneDrive and reinstalling OneDrive, but neither of those things worked....
  10. OneDrive and File Explorer

OneDrive and File Explorer: Users with permissions can view folders with OneDrive online. But not on their PC in File Explorer under OneDrive. How do I get them to be able to view that they see online in their File Explorer. I am able to see online and in my File Explorer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive file explorer freezes

2. file explorer not responding onedrive

3. microsoft onedrive crashing

4. onedrive in file explorer not responding,
  5. onedrive folder crashes windows exploer,
  6. one drive crashes when i open a file,
  7. one drive not responding windows 10,
  8. one drive not responding,
  9. one drive windows explorer not responding,
  10. Microsoft one drive not responding,
  11. onedrive explorer crsh,