Windows 10: OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync

Discus and support OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Title is self explainatory. Windows 10 Pro 64bits Build 17763.437 Uninstalled/installed OneDrive 3 times now Freshly installed system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexandreVIAU2, Apr 14, 2019.

1. OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync

Hello,

Title is self explainatory.

Windows 10 Pro 64bits Build 17763.437

Uninstalled/installed OneDrive 3 times now

Freshly installed system with all updates/drivers/firmware up to date.

Cant find the OneDrive sync service in the services currently running but have no clue how to force this service to run. Didn't work after multiple reinstallation of OneDrive.

Please Help

:)

AlexandreVIAU2, Apr 14, 2019

2. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Syncing multiple folders to OneDrive

Hi,

I have my pictures library set up across multiple folders. If i enable sync as described in Sync your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders with OneDrive only those that reside
    in the standard path for the picture library are being synced.

Is this the desired behaviour or is there any way i can sync my whole pictures library without moving it?

For example:

I have the following folders added to my pictures library:

%USERPROFILE%Pictures

D:\Pictures

E:\Pictures

only files in %USERPROFILE%\Pictures will be synced by OneDrive.

Thanks a lot!

***Modified Title from: OneDrive sync of Pictures library with multiple different folders***

Domingo Estebban, Apr 14, 2019
  4. OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync

1. OneDrive crashes when i click "modify" when asking the path of the folder where to sync - Similar Threads - OneDrive crashes click

2. Explorer.exe Crashes When I right click on folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe Crashes When I right click on folders.: Hello, so, as stated, I noticed that whenever I right clicked a folder to open the context menu, Explorer.exe would crash. It also happens when I try right clicking on the desktop. I tried following several tips, such as using SFC /Scannow, DISM /online /cleanup-image...
  3. Explorer.exe Crashes When I right click on folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe Crashes When I right click on folders.: Hello, so, as stated, I noticed that whenever I right clicked a folder to open the context menu, Explorer.exe would crash. It also happens when I try right clicking on the desktop. I tried following several tips, such as using SFC /Scannow, DISM /online /cleanup-image...
  4. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  5. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  6. Calendar crashes when I click on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar crashes when I click on: Hi, If I open the Calendar, it instantly crashes if: - I click on the search box - I click on a day box. The crash occurs one second after the prompt message appears to create a new event - I click on a box in the event edition page. - opening Calendar leads to the...
  7. OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose...

OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose...: Hello, OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose where I want OneDrive files to be put. See capture please [ATTACH] How can I change OneDrive directory? I am on Windows 10 1809 17763.437 Thanks for your help,...
  8. Only one folder crashes when right-clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Only one folder crashes when right-clicked: I am having a heck of a time trying to solve an unusual problem. The folder in question is the Downloads folder in "This PC". This folder is not the downloads folder I wish to use and so I have another folder set up, which works fine in Quick Access. So I want to change...
  9. Only one folder crashes when right-clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Only one folder crashes when right-clicked: I am having a heck of a time trying to solve an unusual problem. The folder in question is the Downloads folder in "This PC". This folder is not the downloads folder I wish to use and so I have another folder set up, which works fine in Quick Access. So I want to change...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive crashes modify