Windows 10: OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

Discus and support OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! For some reason, for what I think has been half a year, I have noticed that OneDrive has been creating a Documents folder in it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Knouvael, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Knouvael Win User

OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

Hello everyone! For some reason, for what I think has been half a year, I have noticed that OneDrive has been creating a Documents folder in it's directory nearly every day. I delete it but it always reappears. Also, I should mention that I do not have a folder backup for my actual Documents folder, so it is not creating backup of it. Could I have some help coming up with permanent solution to stop this Documents folder from reappearing in my OneDrive?

Final note: I did sign up for OneDrive Insider preview, so my build info is as follows: Version 2020 Build 20.189.0920.0006. I am not sure why I do not see this build version when clicking the version itself, but I digress.

:)

Knouvael, Oct 19, 2020

2. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 19, 2020
  4. OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

1. OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again - Similar Threads - OneDrive Creates Documents

2. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  3. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  4. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  5. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  6. My PC crashes over and over again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC crashes over and over again.: Hi, My PC crashed multiple times already. Today it crashed 5 times in 2 hours. Every time it showed a BSoD and the Errors were: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area System_thread_exception_not_handled Memory_management win32kbase.sys I need serious help, cause it keeps...
  7. Getting BSOD over and over again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD over and over again: I've turned my pc off, then when i wanted to turn it back, i got a blue screen, "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I've tried to boot it from a dvd which has the 'windows.iso' file. It failed. Then i tried using F8 on startup, tried everything safe mode; safe mode with...
  8. no internet, secured over and over again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet, secured over and over again: when i connect my laptop to any wifi connection, it will connect and the internet will work for a bit, but then the internet will stop working and it will say “no internet, secured.” i have to disconnect and reconnect for it to work again. (only for a few minutes though)...
  9. "USB Device Not Recognized" error over and over and over again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "USB Device Not Recognized" error over and over and over again: This has happened to me before after a major Windows update. I am running Windows 10 and I am getting the error message "USB Device Not Recognized" as a pop up and an audible (super annoying) sound every minute. The last time it happened it was my printer. I ended up...
  10. Edge popup tips over and over and over again

in Browsers and Email
    Edge popup tips over and over and over again: How do I get Edge to stop with the constant barrage of pop-up tips showing the "make a note" feature and "reading" tips? If I wanted to use these I would use them! What do I need to do? Do I need to stop using Edge and use Chrome instead??? 25296