Windows 10: Onedrive creates multiple files

Discus and support Onedrive creates multiple files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc. I tried the following but did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zalak thakar, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Onedrive creates multiple files

Hello,

Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc.

I tried the following but did not fix it:

Try to reset your Onedrive (Please note that no data will be lost because of below step)

Windows Key+R > Copy the below and paste and Enter
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

After few minutes start Onedrive again. if this doesn't appear, copy the below and paste into Run and Enter
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

:)

zalak thakar, Dec 24, 2018

2. Onedrive creates multiple files

Hello,

Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc.

zalak thakar, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Onedrive creates multiple files

Onedrive creates multiple files

Try to reset your Onedrive (Please note that no data will be lost because of below step)

Windows Key+R > Copy the below and paste and Enter

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

After few minutes start Onedrive again. if this doesn't appear, copy the below and paste into Run and Enter

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive creates multiple files

1. Onedrive creates multiple files - Similar Threads - Onedrive creates multiple

2. Onedrive on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive on Multiple Devices: Just wondering if there a way to have separate desktops on 2 pcs if I wanna use the same Onedrive acc on both of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-on-multiple-devices/f14eb65c-08f6-4988-9f66-80f7dfc42b69
  3. Onedrive on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive on Multiple Devices: Just wondering if there a way to have separate desktops on 2 pcs if I wanna use the same Onedrive acc on both of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-on-multiple-devices/f14eb65c-08f6-4988-9f66-80f7dfc42b69
  4. Onedrive on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

Create shortcut from file in OneDrive: Am I mistaken that in the past you could place a word file shortcut on the android home page. I can't see a way to do it. I also couldn't find a way to copy the file to my android documents folder, from where I planned to create the shortcut. I eventually had to move the...
  6. Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup: Hello, I was recently trying a few different AV programmes on my Win10 Pro machine. When I restart the machine, or it wakes from sleep, multiple folders & tmp files are created, probably 20-30 or so, all the files are zero size. There are also a bunch of SDIAG folders,...
  7. Multiple OneDrive folders

Multiple OneDrive folders: My C: drive is an SSD and D: is my rotating disk. D: is much larger than C:. Microsoft chose to put the OneDrive folder on C: by default and store pretty much all of my documents there. I've tried several times to get things set up so that my only OneDrive folder is on D: and...
  8. OneDrive on Multiple Computers

OneDrive on Multiple Computers: I have three computers A, B, and C. Computer A has Desktop A and Pictures A, Computer B has Desktop B and Pictures B, and Computer C has Desktop C and Pictures C. None of the 6 desktops and pictures are duplicated. Each is unique. I have one Microsoft Account. I have...
  9. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  10. Onedrive creates multiple files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc....