Windows 10: OneDrive Creates New Folders

Discus and support OneDrive Creates New Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christopher Haddock, Dec 16, 2018.

1. OneDrive Creates New Folders

My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders. Any way to stop this? OneDrive Creates New Folders 6d88c701-3b0c-4ef1-837b-a4ce066eee4d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Christopher Haddock, Dec 16, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Media player folders not usable on OneDrive

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround, so let us know below information.

1. Are you able play audio file from OneDrive music folder?

You can try following steps to create new playlist and check if it is working.

1. Open Windows Media Player and select Organize > Manage libraries >Music.
    2. Click on Add and browse for Music folder on your OneDrive.
    3. Click on Include Folder.
    4. Create new Playlist and add the music files to the new Playlist from the Library.

Let us know if it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Dec 16, 2018
  4. OneDrive Creates New Folders

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Creates New Folders

1. OneDrive Creates New Folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive Creates Folders

2. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  3. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  4. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  5. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  6. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  7. Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.: From files when i chose onedrive i can not create new folder. The option is grey. but if i chose on mi iphone or icloud i can create new folder. it seems there is something with onedrive. But from the onedrive app itself i can create. i worked some the days ago but then...
  8. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  9. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  10. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

in Windows 10 Support
    New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?: Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly created folder in Documents....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive creates folders

2. why is onedrive creating new folders

3. onedrive created a new folder