Windows 10: OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

Discus and support OneDrive creating New Documents folder. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christopher McQuaid, Oct 13, 2023.

1. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every time I reinstall the game and load it up it recreates a documents/onedrive folder. I can't for the life of me figure this out. Sorry if this is long winded. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks

:)

Christopher McQuaid, Oct 13, 2023

2. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 13, 2023
  3. How to restore original Documents folder (not Onedrive's) if I had not enough space in onedrive?

It sounds like your Documents folder may have been synced to OneDrive at some point, and now your computer is configured to use the OneDrive version of the folder instead of the local version.

To restore the original Documents folder on your computer, you will need to unsync or unlink the Documents folder from OneDrive. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Open the OneDrive settings by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Settings".
    2. Go to the "Account" tab and click on "Unlink this PC".
    3. Confirm that you want to unlink the PC from OneDrive.
    4. After unlinking, OneDrive will ask you if you want to keep a copy of the files on your PC or remove them. Choose to keep a copy of the files on your PC.
    5. OneDrive will then start to remove the sync relationship with your Documents folder. This may take some time depending on how many files you have in the folder and your internet connection speed.
    Once the sync relationship has been removed, you should be able to access the local version of the Documents folder on your computer. You can then configure your computer to use the local version of the folder instead of the OneDrive version by following these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the OneDrive folder on your computer.
    2. Right-click on the Documents folder and select "Properties".
    3. In the "Location" tab, click on the "Move" button.
    4. Choose a location for the local version of your Documents folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents).
    5. Click on "Apply" and confirm that you want to move the files from the old location to the new location.
    6. After the files have been moved, your computer should start using the local version of the Documents folder instead of the OneDrive version.
    I hope this helps you restore your Documents folder to its original state!

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Shivam.Pandey, Oct 13, 2023
  4. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Oct 13, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

1. OneDrive creating New Documents folder. - Similar Threads - OneDrive creating Documents

2. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  3. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  4. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  5. OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.: Hi, I received a message when trying to open a new word document saying my OneDrive is full and I cannot proceed.I have uninstalled OneDrive but still cannot open a document.Can anyone offer a solution please....
  6. OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.

OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.: Hi, I received a message when trying to open a new word document saying my OneDrive is full and I cannot proceed.I have uninstalled OneDrive but still cannot open a document.Can anyone offer a solution please....
  7. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  8. Issue with creating a New Folder in Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with creating a New Folder in Documents: I cannot create a new folder in the default Document folder. I keep on getting an Item Not Found window saying could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\Rodney. Verify the item's location and try again....
  9. OneDrive Creates New Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....
  10. How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder: We have upgraded two PCs and a laptop to Windows 10 and use OneDrive to synchronise certain folders between them all. It seemed to work fine under windows 7. However, under Windows 10, OneDrive insists on creating a new Documents folder under OneDrive - both online and on the...