Windows 10: OneDrive data theft

Discus and support OneDrive data theft in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am curious if others feel that OneDrive is a form of digital piracy. I unsynced from OneDrive because 1. I use dropbox. I have no interest in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZG_771, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ZG_771 Win User

OneDrive data theft

I am curious if others feel that OneDrive is a form of digital piracy.

I unsynced from OneDrive because

1. I use dropbox. I have no interest in OneDrive but is on by default.
    2. OneDrive storage is insufficient, so having it on is an irritation unless you pay for more storage.

Unsyncing OneDrive resulted in local files on the machine hard drive being removed, recoverable only by turning OneDrive back on. This is not how any respectable cloud storage service works. Unsync with dropbox and you are still left with a local copy of all files.

So OneDrive essentially vacuums your files, with the presumed intent to make money of off payments for more storage, with a penalty for disengaging forcing you to back up your files by hand somewhere else.

:)

ZG_771, Mar 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 11, 2019
  4. OneDrive data theft

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive data theft

1. OneDrive data theft - Similar Threads - OneDrive data theft

2. DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE: By rerror i deleted OneDrive directory on my PC now all my data is no more available, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-onedrive/e90f7e35-eaab-40a0-96b5-22b11c99fe82
  3. DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE: By rerror i deleted OneDrive directory on my PC now all my data is no more available, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-onedrive/e90f7e35-eaab-40a0-96b5-22b11c99fe82
  4. Theft of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theft of data: Windows 11 is malicious software designed to steal user data through slight of hand. Upon setup of a new windows 11 machine for an elderly relative, I was careful to select options to retain privacy but somehow the desktop, documents, and pictures all ended up on Microsoft...
  5. Theft of data

Theft of data: Windows 11 is malicious software designed to steal user data through slight of hand. Upon setup of a new windows 11 machine for an elderly relative, I was careful to select options to retain privacy but somehow the desktop, documents, and pictures all ended up on Microsoft...
  6. account theft

account theft: a week ago I was notified by email that someone regularly came to it and was there, after a long time of checking and changing passwords, I did not find anything to take or steal until now, when I wanted to play one game after a long time, so I noticed that the password is...
  7. account theft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account theft: a week ago I was notified by email that someone regularly came to it and was there, after a long time of checking and changing passwords, I did not find anything to take or steal until now, when I wanted to play one game after a long time, so I noticed that the password is...
  8. account theft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Id theft

Id theft: My experience in the past with some personnel from the mediamarkt in Eindhoven are beyond abnormal ! One of my MSI desktop computers never came back from the service center from the mediamarkt ! They even did not want to put on paper what really happened to my MSI computer !...
  10. Theft problem

Theft problem: My secondary PC was recently stolen and the person who took it knows my computer password. I have windows 10, and I believe my Microsoft account is linked into it because I only have an administrator account in the device. If I were to change my Microsoft password, this...