Windows 10: OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

Discus and support OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is anyway aside from a recovery program e.g., Recuva, Windows File Recovery to recovery my files?Here is what happened...I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charlie_31415, Jul 11, 2021.

1. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

I was wondering if there is anyway aside from a recovery program e.g., Recuva, Windows File Recovery to recovery my files?Here is what happened...I installed OneDrive business on my personal computer. OneDrive now automatically backs up your Documents and Pictures -- something I did not want and did not know was going to happen. When I realized this, I unlinked the OneDrive business accountI went on to onedrive.com and deleted Document and PicturesI relinked the OneDrive business accountI then realized all my pictures were gone from both the original Pictures folders and the OneDrive Pictu

:)

Charlie_31415, Jul 11, 2021
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

Hi all,

I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC'

I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage.

The folder icons are still present, however they now have a little syncing icon attached to them, and I can obviously no longer access them. I get the following error message when I click on them or whenever I perform an action that opens a default folder, such as attempting to attach a document to an email.

OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures [​IMG]

I can navigate just fine to my OneDrive by clicking the OneDrive icon, it's just these folders under This PC which seem to be affected, though the file path on the error message confuses the heck out of me because it says it's in my OneDrive.

I'd like to ideally just change my settings so that my OneDrive is the default folder that opens for all of these kind of actions (attaching documents to emails, default location to save files etc.)

Secondarily I'd like to restore the folders under This PC (just the folders, there were no files in them) as the syncing icon bugs me a bit.

Any help much appreciated.

Alchemical, Jul 11, 2021
  4. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

• Tried to make room for my work, thought my documents folder in onedrive drop down arrow was empty, and my actual document were elsewhere. Deleted it, also emptied my recycling bin.
    • Didn't realise until after bin was emptied.
    • My OneDrive account is not backed up to a recent time and is behind 2 years.
    • Lost all my university work.

AbigailForde, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

1. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures - Similar Threads - OneDrive deleted Documents

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  5. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  6. Desktop, Documents and Pictures all located inside OneDrive. How to undo this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, Documents and Pictures all located inside OneDrive. How to undo this?: I initially setup my computer so that everything backed up onto OneDrive, however, the more I used OneDrive, the more I realised that it is not setup for managing large amounts of files like this. I now want to uncouple my Desktop, Documents and Pictures from OneDrive,...
  7. Desktop, Documents and Pictures all located inside OneDrive. How to undo this?

Desktop, Documents and Pictures all located inside OneDrive. How to undo this?: I initially setup my computer so that everything backed up onto OneDrive, however, the more I used OneDrive, the more I realised that it is not setup for managing large amounts of files like this. I now want to uncouple my Desktop, Documents and Pictures from OneDrive,...
  8. Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue: So I am aware by going through so many forums about this last month that this issue was huge for hundreds of people just like myself. We got on our computers and clicked on pictures or files and all the content was just gone due to some incredibly stupid update for windows 10...
  9. Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files: I am pretty sure it must exist, but can't find it. I am looking for kind of an All-in-One document for the various Deletion scenarios - describing what happens when synced files are deleted on OneDrive and/or Locally, under the various options of "On Demand", "Keep on this...
  10. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...