Windows 10: Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

Discus and support Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bmoag, Jan 28, 2019.

1. bmoag Win User

Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they are not. OneDrive has also created a number of folders on the computer that seem related to parts of OneNote but are empty of content. I can laboriously download the needed PDF files but what would be the point of putting them back in OneDrive only to be deleted again? And why is OneDrive creating its own empty folders?

:)

bmoag, Jan 28, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Deleting the files from the OneDrive app will delete them from the OneDrive servers as well.

The said app works differently form a PC wherein you can choose the folders that you want to sync. Using the said app for Windows Mobile will always display all the contents of your account.

You can help Windows Mobile better by submitting a suggestion or feature request about the Windows and Apps.

Follow the steps below to submit a feature request about the mentioned app:

• Launch OneDrive.
    • Tap the Ellipsis [ . . . ] button on the lower right part of the screen.
    • Tap Give feedback.
    • Under the What would you like to send? drop down menu, select
      Suggest an idea.
    • Type in your suggestion in the Include a message text box.
    • Once you're done with the message, tap on the Check
      mark
      located at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thank you.

Joe Men, Jan 28, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content - Similar Threads - Onedrive deleted files

2. OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup: Since about a month ago OneDrive will keep deleting its own explorer namespace entry "HKCU\Software\Classes\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" and "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" when...
  3. OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup: Since about a month ago OneDrive will keep deleting its own explorer namespace entry "HKCU\Software\Classes\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" and "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" when...
  4. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  5. Mind of its own

Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  6. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  7. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  8. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Scrolls on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolls on its own: I have had this same problem and a number of others people have mentioned since upgrading to Windows 10. Just to clarify - my issue is with the active window. Scrolling occurs on my windows in several different web browsers, Microsoft Word, Excel -- pretty much everything to...
  10. OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...: This is the 3rd time, Recycle Bin caught me twice before, but now its just file roulette??? It deleted and was not in recycle bin to recover...about 20 .psd files. This is so so so scary, what is happening?? Deleted from my sync drive and cloud itself....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive deletes files on its own