Windows 10: Onedrive deleting files from computer

Discus and support Onedrive deleting files from computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andr3wN, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Andr3wN Win User

Onedrive deleting files from computer

Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my OneDrive doesn't have any space left. So, what I do is delete files from OneDrive, expecting that it deletes the file from OneDrive, but no. It deletes the files from my COMPUTER. Now when I try to re-install the files, I can't. Because there isn't enough space after installing the exact same files. Could I ask that someone make a difference between OneDrive deleting and PC deleting.

:)

Andr3wN, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 21, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Nan_J Win User

OneDrive "only" folders on Windows Phone 8 vs OneDrive online.

Hi tribexx,

Thanks for following up with detailed steps.

After the "Saved pictures from SkyDrive" gets generated, you can find them from the OneDrive.

• Launch OneDrive from app list
    • You will find the "Saved Pictures" from "files pivot" (root level) and/or under "Pictures" folder
    • Tap into "Saved Pictures" from OneDrive app, you can (multiple) delete files or perform other operations from there. For multiple delete
      • Tap on "select"
      • Multiple selection of files you want to delete
      • Tap on delete
      • And confirm

You can also try to use the "search" from app bar (at the bottom of screen) to search "Saved pictures". If you still cannot find the "Saved pictures", please let us know.

Thank you.

Nan_J, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive deleting files from computer - Similar Threads - Onedrive deleting files

2. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer: Hello,I'm trying to delete my OneDrive files that are showing up on another computer that I was previously using. Every time that I click Delete, it gives me "Error 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running". How can I stop getting this error so that I can delete...
  3. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer: Hello,I'm trying to delete my OneDrive files that are showing up on another computer that I was previously using. Every time that I click Delete, it gives me "Error 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running". How can I stop getting this error so that I can delete...
  4. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?: I started to syncing with onedrive and it started deleting files from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-with-onedrive-deleted-files-from-my/26607600-6250-4a4c-90cb-8c311f8a63c6
  6. unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders

unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders: i expanded my onedrive to premium , unlinked it to change hard drive and after that all my data deleted from its folders , i got my desktop clear and documents folder lost its 3 gb of data , there are nothing in current folders or in the cloud , they are empty , how that is...
  7. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...: My subscription to OneDrive has ended so I want to reduce my OneDrive files. When I did that they seemed to disappear from my computer as well.. Why should this be? How can I just delete items from OneDrive only? Thanks....
  8. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  9. How to delete files from OneDrive?

How to delete files from OneDrive?: I’d like to find out how I can delete the files and images from OneDrive via desktop without downloading them on the desktop first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-files-from-onedrive/ab5618e8-e471-4ebf-b300-de8e514af2fb"
  10. Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive: Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null....