Windows 10: OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...

Discus and support OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the 3rd time, Recycle Bin caught me twice before, but now its just file roulette??? It deleted and was not in recycle bin to recover...about 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipQuaglino, May 1, 2019.

1. OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...

This is the 3rd time, Recycle Bin caught me twice before, but now its just file roulette??? It deleted and was not in recycle bin to recover...about 20 .psd files. This is so so so scary, what is happening?? Deleted from my sync drive and cloud itself.

:)

PhilipQuaglino, May 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 1, 2019
  3. Manjunath_H, May 1, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary...

1. OneDrive DELETING FILES ON ITS OWN, this is extremely scary... - Similar Threads - OneDrive DELETING FILES

2. OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup: Since about a month ago OneDrive will keep deleting its own explorer namespace entry "HKCU\Software\Classes\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" and "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" when...
  3. OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps deleting its own Explorer Namespace entry on startup: Since about a month ago OneDrive will keep deleting its own explorer namespace entry "HKCU\Software\Classes\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" and "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" when...
  4. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  5. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  6. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft OneDrive: two computers, each with its own OneDrive Account

Microsoft OneDrive: two computers, each with its own OneDrive Account: I have two OneDrive Accounts, each with its own unique email address. I want to move my Folders from one account to the other and then delete the old account. How can I do that, especially moving the folders. I don't even know the password for the old account, but I can...
  8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  10. Deleting files in OneDrive

Deleting files in OneDrive: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive deletes files on its own