Windows 10: OneDrive DELETING My Files... over and over.

Discus and support OneDrive DELETING My Files... over and over. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PLEASE let us know what we can do about this. I've been a OneDrive user for a looong while (back when it was sky) - and am paying for additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RachelUte, Jul 30, 2019.

1. RachelUte Win User

OneDrive DELETING My Files... over and over.

PLEASE let us know what we can do about this.

I've been a OneDrive user for a looong while (back when it was sky) - and am paying for additional storage...

Recently, my laptop OD (surface pro 3; windows 10) has been DELETING files. (My desktop does not do this.)

I have tried re-synching. I have tried uninstalling OD, deleting ALL of my OD files left over on the laptop, and then re-installing. THREE times. Each time, even when I don't have ANYTHING left on the computer from OD, as soon as I re-install and set-up synching, it automatically deletes certain files, and I have to rescue them from the trash bin online.

...and then they disappear again. Nice.

Yes, I know there's this thread, but it hasn't had any responses from anyone - and no fix in over a year since the original post. We REALLY REALLY need a fix for this, ladies and gents. Please advise.

:)

RachelUte, Jul 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Manjunath_H, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive DELETING My Files... over and over. - Similar Threads - OneDrive DELETING Files

2. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  3. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  4. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  5. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  6. OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again: Hello everyone! For some reason, for what I think has been half a year, I have noticed that OneDrive has been creating a Documents folder in it's directory nearly every day. I delete it but it always reappears. Also, I should mention that I do not have a folder backup for my...
  7. OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!: My son just got a new Win10 machine and got himself set up on it. Today, I went to help him with a software install and I saw that OneDrive has sort of taken over things! Folders on the desktop have little cloud icons (or x's, or updating icons), some folders can't be deleted...
  8. Onedrive took over local file folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive took over local file folders: Long store short, I had to reset my desktop to fix an issue with Onedrive overriding the default folder location. i.e. Documents and Pictures under My Computer have a default path of C:\Users\*User-Name*\Onedrive\etc instead of C:\User\*User-Name*\etc Shortly after setting...
  9. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  10. OneDrive Start Over

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Start Over: I am starting to use OneDrive. I accidentally told my iPhone to put its pictures onto OneDrive. I may also have set it to sync its pictures. I want to start over. Should I just go to OneDrive and delete all the pictures? Will that delete or damage the pictures now on my...