Windows 10: OneDrive desktop app needs my Outlook but it's stuck on my Gmail

Discus and support OneDrive desktop app needs my Outlook but it's stuck on my Gmail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try logging in, to sync for one thing, it puts up my Gmail as my credential then wants my password. But I registered for OneDrive with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beldar, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Beldar Win User

OneDrive desktop app needs my Outlook but it's stuck on my Gmail

When I try logging in, to sync for one thing, it puts up my Gmail as my credential then wants my password. But I registered for OneDrive with my Outlook email, so it rejects my Gmail. There's no Selector for my email account.

I can still log in on the web version, using my Outlook email and password. But there seems to be nothing there to fiddle with one's email credential. So my desktop won't Sync.

I guess maybe I should Uninstall then Reinstall Onedrive but I'm not sure that's a good move.

:)

Beldar, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2020
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Outlook and gmail

What was the message and where did it originate from?

As it appears no one has told Google or Microsoft:

Thema:

1. OneDrive desktop app needs my Outlook but it's stuck on my Gmail - Similar Threads - OneDrive desktop app

2. My Onedrive and Outlook apps on the PC are no longer synchronizing to the server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Onedrive and Outlook apps on the PC are no longer synchronizing to the server.: I have Microsoft 365 Personal license and, out of blue, since 10 days ago, Onedrive and Outlook apps are no longer synchronizing to the server. When trying to reconnect I get the error message 0x800404cf "It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet" although I...
  3. My Onedrive and Outlook apps on the PC are no longer synchronizing to the server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Onedrive and Outlook apps on the PC are no longer synchronizing to the server.: I have Microsoft 365 Personal license and, out of blue, since 10 days ago, Onedrive and Outlook apps are no longer synchronizing to the server. When trying to reconnect I get the error message 0x800404cf "It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet" although I...
  4. My Onedrive and Outlook apps on the PC are no longer synchronizing to the server.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. OneDrive and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  6. OneDrive and my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  7. Outlook and gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  8. GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?: Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️ I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a leading eCommerce business; unfortunately, I use Vivaldi as my go-to browser since Chrome is a resource hog. I'd like to know if...
  9. Outlook account seems to be gone, and second user account on my desktop snatched my gmail...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook account seems to be gone, and second user account on my desktop snatched my gmail...: I created a second user on my desktop specifically so I could use outlook. I signed into second user, clicked email oh, don't forget all the passwords needed at every step and it jacked my main gmail account even though this was SUPPOSED TO BE a second user account on the...
  10. Please help my Gmail is stuck.

in Browsers and Email
    Please help my Gmail is stuck.: My Gmail inbox appears to be stuck in Chrome and Edge. I can navigate to various labels and move inbox emails to labels but cannot open any emails in the inbox. The weird thing is that it is the same in Microsoft Edge so doesn't appear to be a browser specific problem. I have...