Windows 10: OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow

Discus and support OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just recently bought a Surface and so far I'm loving the device. I signed up for the office 365 and installed the OneDrive desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lordgrapha2700, Jun 25, 2019.

1. OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought a Surface and so far I'm loving the device. I signed up for the office 365 and installed the OneDrive desktop application. However, when I installed it, file explorer started running very slowly. I'm able to open file explorer, but when I try to access my documents, pictures or other files that are synced, it can take minutes for the folder to open. I tested and uninstalled the OneDrive desktop application and everything goes back to normal. I would really like to have the desktop app since I would like my documents to sync as they are created. My device has the latest update and I'm at a loss on what to try next.

:)

lordgrapha2700, Jun 25, 2019

2. OneDrive missing in File Explorer after Fall Creator update

Hi Jon,

The following are steps that you may follow in order to see OneDrive in the left pane of the File Explorer:

• Right-click OneDrive in the system tray and choose
      Settings.
    • On the Microsoft OneDrive window that opens, click on the Settings
      tab.
    • If you see that “Files On-Demand” option at the bottom, make sure it’s selected. If you don’t see this option, you need to download the latest version of the OneDrive desktop app
      here.
    • Open OneDrive settings again after installing if needed and repeat steps 1 to 3. Then, navigate to the
      Account tab.
    • Click the Choose folders button and the Choose Folders window should appear.
    • Choose “Make all files available” or whatever folders you wish. Doing so
      will not download the files and folders, it will just make them visible in File Explorer.
    • Click OK.
    • Wait for the changes to apply.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Darian Tab, Jun 25, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jun 25, 2019
  4. OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow

File explorer not on desktop! (and other applications deleted too!)

Hi,

It is unusual that programs would disappear after downloading an application.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What exactly is the application that you downloaded?

2. Are you able to locate the "deleted" programs by typing in the name of the applications through the search bar?

Just to make sure you do not have the desktop files set to "hidden", I suggest you to try the steps below and check:

1. Press Windows key + D to go to desktop.

2. Right click on an empty space in the desktop and select "view"

3. Select "show desktop icons".

Check if the icons/programs re-appear after making the changes.

Get back to us with the response.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow

1. OneDrive Desktop Application is Making File Explorer Slow - Similar Threads - OneDrive Desktop Application

2. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  3. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  4. OneDrive very slow in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive very slow in Windows Explorer: Problem: navigating my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer is so slow as to be almost unusable. The problem appears to worsen as the working day progresses. This may be relevant to my working theory see below.Problem Behavior: 1. Double-clicking on any OneDrive file/folder...
  5. OneDrive very slow in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive very slow in Windows Explorer: Problem: navigating my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer is so slow as to be almost unusable. The problem appears to worsen as the working day progresses. This may be relevant to my working theory see below.Problem Behavior: 1. Double-clicking on any OneDrive file/folder...
  6. OneDrive on File Explorer

OneDrive on File Explorer: I have bought a new computer in Spain and finally got it set up in English, but I am having trouble with OneDrive on File Explorer. I have searched all the solutions, but the ones that say it should already be there you just need to sign in doesn´t help because it isn´t. When...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer

OneDrive in File Explorer: When I look at OneDrive in File Explorer, the only item in the OneDrive folder is my "Personal Vault" which is empty. When I open Excel, for example, I see a list of files I can open, all of which reside on OneDrive. I can open, edit, and save these files with no problem. But...
  8. Accessing OneDrive files in Windows Explorer veeeeeeery slow

Accessing OneDrive files in Windows Explorer veeeeeeery slow: For over a week, no idea what could have been the cause, my Windows Explorer has been extremely slow when clicking on a file in a folder managed by OneDrive. As soon as I go to a folder in Explorer that is maintained by OneDrive, I can click on folders and subfolders in the...
  9. Make desktop look like file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make desktop look like file explorer?: Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view of file explorer. submitted by /u/ps4facts [link] [comments]...
  10. OneDrive and File Explorer

OneDrive and File Explorer: Users with permissions can view folders with OneDrive online. But not on their PC in File Explorer under OneDrive. How do I get them to be able to view that they see online in their File Explorer. I am able to see online and in my File Explorer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer search in onedrive is very slow

2. onedrive and accessibg file explorer slow 2019