Windows 10: OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

Discus and support OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert5079, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

Hi,

I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says it is up to date. However, her Desktop Icons are not showing on her new computer. We can go into her File Explorer, and click on the Desktop underneath the OneDrive and it shows all of her Icons there. If we click on the Desktop under This PC though, it does not.

We have gone into the Settings on OneDrive, and can see her OneDrive is syncing. Then clicked on Show Folders and the Desktop is checked.

What else can we look at to get the icons to show on her Desktop.

:)

Robert5079, Mar 9, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Mar 9, 2021
  4. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

OneDrive Desktop Icons

Hello,

I've been using OneDrive for some time with no issues.

Yesterday I put all by programs and files onto a new laptop using Windows 10.

All has gone well and for the first time, although I now have two OneDrive icons on the desktop, when previously I only had one.

When I set up the laptop I dragged the icons from the program apps list to the screen but the other just "appeared" and shows the OneDrive logo in blue. The other is the OneDrive logo inset with a yellow folder.

Does Windows automatically copy the icon without my intervention now?

In File Explorer, there is only one OneDrive folder showing.

Can I choose which desktop shortcut to use The blue one only or the one with the yellow folder?

Many thanks

JP

stromberg16, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

1. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing - Similar Threads - OneDrive Desktop Icons

2. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  3. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  4. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  6. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  7. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Onedrive status icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive status icons on desktop: Hello everyone, I just recently noticed that there are status icons appearing on my desktop, what does it mean? No its not in my onedrive but in my desktop folder, and these icons also appear with icons on my desktop. [ATTACH]...
  9. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

Onedrive not showing all files on new computer: my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?...
  10. OneDrive Desktop Icons

OneDrive Desktop Icons: Hello, I've been using OneDrive for some time with no issues. Yesterday I put all by programs and files onto a new laptop using Windows 10. All has gone well and for the first time, although I now have two OneDrive icons on the desktop, when previously I only had one....