Windows 10: OneDrive Desktop Icons

Discus and support OneDrive Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using OneDrive for some time with no issues. Yesterday I put all by programs and files onto a new laptop using Windows 10. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stromberg16, Nov 5, 2018.

1. OneDrive Desktop Icons

Hello,

I've been using OneDrive for some time with no issues.

Yesterday I put all by programs and files onto a new laptop using Windows 10.

All has gone well and for the first time, although I now have two OneDrive icons on the desktop, when previously I only had one.

When I set up the laptop I dragged the icons from the program apps list to the screen but the other just "appeared" and shows the OneDrive logo in blue. The other is the OneDrive logo inset with a yellow folder.

Does Windows automatically copy the icon without my intervention now?

In File Explorer, there is only one OneDrive folder showing.

Can I choose which desktop shortcut to use The blue one only or the one with the yellow folder?

Many thanks

JP

:)

stromberg16, Nov 5, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 5, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive Desktop Icons ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 5, 2018
  4. OneDrive Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Desktop Icons

1. OneDrive Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - OneDrive Desktop Icons

2. OneDrive desktop icon keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive desktop icon keeps disappearing: There used to be a blue OneDrive icon on my desktop. This was not a shortcut, but an icon similar to "User's Files", "Recycle Bin", etc., and I am not referring to the one in the system tray. At some point, it just disappeared, but I found a registry merge file that would...
  3. OneDrive desktop icon keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive desktop icon keeps disappearing: There used to be a blue OneDrive icon on my desktop. This was not a shortcut, but an icon similar to "User's Files", "Recycle Bin", etc., and I am not referring to the one in the system tray. At some point, it just disappeared, but I found a registry merge file that would...
  4. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  5. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop icons: At my org, we are pushing URL links/shortcut icons to the desktop via Group Policy. Two thirds of our users are O365 and half of those use OneDrive. When nurses sign-in to their exam room computers, GPO is pushing icons to the desktop such as time clock, our intranet page,...
  6. OneDrive Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive

OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro Synched my Desktop to OneDrive now all my laptop icons are gone into OneDrive. I'd like to keep my desktop populated with all my files, etc. and also synched to OneDrive. How an I do this. Thanks 170837
  8. OneDrive overlay on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive overlay on desktop icons: I have some - not all - desktop icons that have what I think is the OneDrive overlay on them, a white circle with a tick. And, I'd like to remove the overlay. I know there are techniques for doing that, I'm just wondering why they're so hard to get rid of. The icons are all...
  9. Onedrive status icons on desktop

Onedrive status icons on desktop: Hello everyone, I just recently noticed that there are status icons appearing on my desktop, what does it mean? No its not in my onedrive but in my desktop folder, and these icons also appear with icons on my desktop. [ATTACH]...
  10. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive desktop icon: After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid? 37113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive desktop icons