Windows 10: Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location

Discus and support Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got a new HDD to pair with my Optane memory. Since I have the space I wanted to free up space on my main NVME and move all my OneDrive files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Randall Messing, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location

I just got a new HDD to pair with my Optane memory. Since I have the space I wanted to free up space on my main NVME and move all my OneDrive files to the new drive. I unlinked my account and copied the folder to the new location. Re-linked my account to Onedrive, setting folder to new location, and started the sync.

Suffice it to say it failed. It copied just fine but it didn't write the files to the new drive, but wrote them to my main drive. I just reloaded and had my main drive with hardly anything 16% used prior to starting the sync. Currently my main drive is 66% used and I haven't done anything aside from the sync.

I'm not sure the onedrive folder on my main drive, under users and my account, is correct as it doesn't show all folders that are in OneDrive. Where would I look for the rogue data folder to delete it or move it to the new location?

Thanks for any help.

Randall

:)

Randall Messing, Jan 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location

Onedrive Photos, not pictures file

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for delay in replying.

Does this issue occur in OneDrive folder in File Explorer/Web Browser?

I suggest you to Change the OneDrive Location in Windows 10
    and check if that behavior occurs the same.

To change the OneDrive folder location in Windows 10, you have unlink OneDrive from your account and then repeat the setup process:

• Right-click on the OneDrive
      icon in the notification area and then select Settings
    • Select "Settings" and then select "Unlink OneDrive"
    • Follow the setup process again and ensure to select the new drive or location to have OneDrive sync to; you must wait for your files to download again to the new location
    Please note: if you've connected your Windows 10 user account with your Microsoft account, OneDrive won't let you unlink the application. You'll have to unlink your
    Microsoft account from your Windows account first.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location

1. Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location - Similar Threads - Onedrive didn't move

2. Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC: Version: Windows 20H2 (19042.746) Hi people, I've been following tutorials online about changing the files listed on the This PC view with registry editor I've removed quick access and network for example, and the system libraries. I do uni work on the OneDrive, but I...
  3. Onedrive Problem after moving location

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive Problem after moving location: I was following this guide Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 but musty have done something wrong. I successfully moven my OneDrive local folder from C:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> to D:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> however I was also syncing folders...
  4. OneDrive changed my file locations??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive changed my file locations??: I reinstalled Win 10 recently and stupidly signed into OneDrive during the setup process. As soon as I transferred over my backed-up files, they all immediately began to upload to OneDrive. No matter how many times I unlinked my computer from OneDrive, it kept relinking...
  5. Unable to move location of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move location of OneDrive: Dear Sir - I have previously asked this question but not received any assistance. On starting my computer, OneDrive failed to find the folders on my sceondary hard drive. I have removed everything from the computer and tried to reinstall OneDrive but it will not allow me to...
  6. Moving OneDrive Files

Moving OneDrive Files: I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive because they take up so much space, how do I keep them from saving themselves onto my OneDrive?...
  7. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.: Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive D:) to the Onedrive location? Thanks Jim 131948
  8. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...
  9. Onedrive moving my files

Onedrive moving my files: I'm new to window and having trouble with onedrive. I've looked at the settings for Onedrive and can't figure out how to arrange what I want: Store my files locally Have Onedrive copy and back up my local files without interfering with...
  10. Moving OneDrive folders and files to new PO

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OneDrive folders and files to new PO: Hi - I have a laptop with about 68GB of OneDrive sync'd data. I now have a new laptop which I am setting up and it will replace my old laptop. I've done some online research on this but not found an answer I trust. What is the best way to do migrate all my data to...