Windows 10: OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

Discus and support OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JonF, Feb 26, 2016.

1. JonF Win User

OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username there are two Documents folders; one points to the OneDrive folder and one points to the Documents folder user Users\Me. I tried to set the location of the OneDrive folder in its properties and move everything. Access was denied.

I'm the owner of both folders.

:)

2. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

They're under "This PC" It's very annoying because I cannot see my real documents and pictures folders... But these two folders are cloud folders it seems.

The two folders under "This PC" are Users/toadb/OneDrive/Documents and the pictures is a similar path...

I wish my real documents and pictures folders were here instead, not onedrive documents

JakeMiller1337, Feb 26, 2016
  3. How to find all my stuff

Your primary local document storage location is:

C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents

When OneDrive is set up,

C:\Users\<UserName>\OneDrive\Documents

is where you should save documents you want synced to the cloud. It is also, as Rey mentioned, where a file saved in the same folder on the OneDrive website should show up on your computer (assuming folders are set to sync.)

Libraries are not real folders. They are essentially built-n, specialized searches. They allow you to view similar content from several different locations in a single view. So if your Documents Library includes Public Documents, your Documents,
    and your OneDrive folder, you have access to the combined content of all three from a single location.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

1. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder. - Similar Threads - OneDrive documents folder

2. OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder: Hello, I have an older Dell All-inOne PC running windows 10. I keep most of my files in the - This PC\ Documents folder. I started using oneDrive to backup my Documents folder. I think when I set this up I just copied the This PC\Documents folder to OnDrive so I now have...
  3. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...
  4. documents folder

documents folder: When I first installed W10, I had to go through all the questions posed. I thought they would be the standard "I agree" type. But one I quickly okayed was not, and when I thought about it later, I wondered if I had made a mistake. And I had. I mistakenly put my...
  5. Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive: I have an issue that I think is being caused by the simple fact that my documents folder is in OneDrive instead of on my computer's hard drive. I don't want OneDrive and I don't know how this happened because everything (in my opinion) should default to save on the hard drive...
  6. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...
  7. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: Paid a bill on line --tried to print---pop-up states it was put into the documents folder. Where is the documents folder located in win 10? P.S---All my questions have been answered quickly by the people in this forum. YOU ARE THE GREATEST,BAR NON. 12352
  8. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...
  9. flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder

in Windows 10 Support
    flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder: If your Documents folder exists in your "C:\Users\<username>" folder, then you might see if using step 5 in Option Three in the tutorial below may be able to restore the "Documents" folder in "This PC". *Arrow Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 Windows 10...
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981