Windows 10: OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

Discus and support OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JonF, Feb 26, 2016.

1. JonF Win User

OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username there are two Documents folders; one points to the OneDrive folder and one points to the Documents folder user Users\Me. I tried to set the location of the OneDrive folder in its properties and move everything. Access was denied.

I'm the owner of both folders.

:)

2. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

They're under "This PC" It's very annoying because I cannot see my real documents and pictures folders... But these two folders are cloud folders it seems.

The two folders under "This PC" are Users/toadb/OneDrive/Documents and the pictures is a similar path...

I wish my real documents and pictures folders were here instead, not onedrive documents

JakeMiller1337, Feb 26, 2016
  3. How to find all my stuff

Your primary local document storage location is:

C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents

When OneDrive is set up,

C:\Users\<UserName>\OneDrive\Documents

is where you should save documents you want synced to the cloud. It is also, as Rey mentioned, where a file saved in the same folder on the OneDrive website should show up on your computer (assuming folders are set to sync.)

Libraries are not real folders. They are essentially built-n, specialized searches. They allow you to view similar content from several different locations in a single view. So if your Documents Library includes Public Documents, your Documents,
    and your OneDrive folder, you have access to the combined content of all three from a single location.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

1. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder. - Similar Threads - OneDrive documents folder

2. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  7. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  8. My Documents is on OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is on OneDrive folder: I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this results in more storage used, so if I have a 50mb file, it takes up space both in my computer and OneDrive. When I try to...
  9. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://www.realdocuments.com