Windows 10: Onedrive documents

Discus and support Onedrive documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AntonioVista, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Onedrive documents

I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for some reason. There is a documents folder that exists but it doesn't have the documents icon and isn't what the side button in file explorer leads too. So basically what I want to know is how can I remove these folders and replace them with the actual documents in my user sub directory, or change/ replace.

Onedrive documents 04a12df6-b99c-48d1-9e5b-d4cfbf3775ae?upload=true.png Onedrive documents b0d57cc5-2029-46a5-bdce-ec761fe86547?upload=true.png

Onedrive documents 353d01a7-6a5f-4c97-bec8-2738cf1046ac?upload=true.png

:)

AntonioVista, Oct 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Onedrive documents

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive documents

1. Onedrive documents - Similar Threads - Onedrive documents

2. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  3. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  4. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  5. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  6. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  7. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  8. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  9. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  10. Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OneDrive Documents folder issue: Dear Microsoft,First of all, let me hang out my frustration: screw you...I've been refreshing my windows all the time, being your customer since a very long time ago, but as time passes, the service becomes worse and worse.So, since I bought my new computer, and installed a...