Windows 10: OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone

Discus and support OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i have a very simple problem. I delete a synced blurry photo from my Android phone and expect that the same file gets deleted from Onedrive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blo333, Feb 5, 2021.

1. blo333 Win User

OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone

Hi,
    i have a very simple problem.

I delete a synced blurry photo from my Android phone and expect that the same file gets deleted from Onedrive. However this does not happen and the folders become out of sync Camera roll directory.

I tried both with and without the "Make available offline" option. I have tried clearing the cache, stopping the app and so on.

To add insult to injury, if i try to delete the folder from OneDrive in hope to get it in sync again then it will warn me that it will delete the files from all my synced devices. That is the exact opposite to what it should do.

What could be the problem?

:)

blo333, Feb 5, 2021

2. win 7 need perm to delete files

i have this thing on the windows 8. they need permission to delete thumbs.db files? :S
    i just access from my phone and delete them lol.

de.das.dude, Feb 5, 2021
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone - Similar Threads - OneDrive does delete

2. OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!: I recently received a notice that my OneDrive storage was full. I was never intentionally using OneDrive for my personal PC, so I simply deleted everything from the cloud. Unbeknownst to me, it also deleted everything from my PC's hard drive!!! I already emptied the OneDrive...
  3. OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!: I recently received a notice that my OneDrive storage was full. I was never intentionally using OneDrive for my personal PC, so I simply deleted everything from the cloud. Unbeknownst to me, it also deleted everything from my PC's hard drive!!! I already emptied the OneDrive...
  4. Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone: Hi, i have a problem with my OneDrive cloud subscription. I have enabled camera roll sync from Android. The problem is that if i delete a blurry photo from the cloud or from phone, the deletion does not sync. If i delete the photo from the cloud then it is not deleted from my...
  5. Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?

Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?: I started to syncing with onedrive and it started deleting files from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-with-onedrive-deleted-files-from-my/26607600-6250-4a4c-90cb-8c311f8a63c6
  6. Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive

Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive: I use OneDrive on another computer laptop, but I don't need it on my Windows 10 Desktop computer. So, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Windows 10 PC, will that delete all my files from my computer?...
  7. OneDrive shows files that I deleted from PC

OneDrive shows files that I deleted from PC: Don't want to wait too long Give me inside in the following issue. Why can I see the documents deleted from the PC on OneDrive? I didn’t upload them at all....
  8. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  9. How to delete files from OneDrive?

How to delete files from OneDrive?: I’d like to find out how I can delete the files and images from OneDrive via desktop without downloading them on the desktop first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-files-from-onedrive/ab5618e8-e471-4ebf-b300-de8e514af2fb"
  10. Onedrive deleting files from computer

Onedrive deleting files from computer: Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my OneDrive doesn't have any space left. So, what I do is delete files from OneDrive, expecting that it deletes the file from...