Windows 10: OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos

Discus and support OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've encountered a problem with OneDrive when it comes to displaying correct date of files especially videos that I'd like to be sorted out.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Litvvin, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Litvvin Win User

OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos

Hello, I've encountered a problem with OneDrive when it comes to displaying correct date of files especially videos that I'd like to be sorted out.I've recently noticed, that after I enabled synchronization in my phone to start doing backup of my photos to cloud and PC, it started placing videos in random spots between my photos that doesn't make any sense when it comes to date/time. Some videos will start appearing as if they were filmed after some photos that I took way after. It looks perfectly fine when I just sort it by 'Date' in Windows 11, and it looks perfect when I open my Samsung S

:)

Litvvin, Aug 27, 2022

2. How to change the date of photos in Onedrive

Hi,

I would like to know how to change the date taken of photo´s stored in OneDrive.

For example, friends have shared photos from trips together, but sometimes weeks or months late, so when I add them to OneDrive they have the date I downloaded them, not the date taken. This makes the gallery timings out of order. How can I change it so
    they all appear for the correct date?

Thanks

Karen

KarenSSSSSSSSS, Aug 27, 2022
  3. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled.

The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date.

File Explorer has a Folder for My Photos 1969, but photos moved from My Photos 1968 to My Photos 1969 and Taken Date changed to 1969 still are displayed in 1968.

I'm using Win 10 and it's up to date.

Bill

WilliamAndersen, Aug 27, 2022
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 27, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos - Similar Threads - OneDrive does display

2. Photos legacy does not display my photos according to the date created on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos legacy does not display my photos according to the date created on file explorer: So on file explorer, I see that my files are sorted in that date that was created but when I double click on it and try to scroll through with photos legacy, there is a completely order that it scrolls through. I tried to reinstall and reset the app but nothing works. Help...
  3. Photo App does not display the correct date taken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App does not display the correct date taken.: I went through a folder of pictures and changed the properties on each photo to have the correct taken by date. I even changed the dated created on a few, but the photo app completely ignores these changes. I also tried changing the photo taken date via the photo app. but,...
  4. Photo App does not display the correct date taken.

Photo App does not display the correct date taken.: I went through a folder of pictures and changed the properties on each photo to have the correct taken by date. I even changed the dated created on a few, but the photo app completely ignores these changes. I also tried changing the photo taken date via the photo app. but,...
  5. Photo / Video date edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo / Video date edit: Hi, I had lost some photos from my mobile due to fault on phone and not backing up.But I had some of these photo's saved on Facebook and I have downloaded them, but all dates are now incorrect, I have clicked on Photo properties but unable to change the date in Details or...
  6. Photo / Video date edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo / Video date edit: Hi, I had lost some photos from my mobile due to fault on phone and not backing up.But I had some of these photo's saved on Facebook and I have downloaded them, but all dates are now incorrect, I have clicked on Photo properties but unable to change the date in Details or...
  7. Photo / Video date edit

8. OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive does not display correct date on photos/videos: Hello, I've encountered a problem with OneDrive when it comes to displaying correct date of files especially videos that I'd like to be sorted out.I've recently noticed, that after I enabled synchronization in my phone to start doing backup of my photos to cloud and PC, it...
  9. OneDrive App does not display text and thumbnails correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive App does not display text and thumbnails correctly: Would like to try using OneDrive app from MS store on Windows 10 Pro, Build 19042.985, on Lenovo C940. Already using the heck out of OneDrive, but not using the app.Settings -> System -> Display scaling is set to 300%, which makes everything but the OneDrive app display...
  10. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...