Windows 10: OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

Discus and support OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jon at Red Vanilla, Jun 22, 2021.

1. OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

Hi, I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to off . Any idea why this might be? I'm using Avast free anti-virus but I don't think this is the cause of it?Thanks for any ideas/suggestions as to why Windows Startup App setting doesn't 'remember' my preference for OneDrive to start up on Windows Start Up.

:)

Jon at Red Vanilla, Jun 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 22, 2021
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

MS in Europe is now rolling out its plan of scaling down free OneDrive from 15GB to 5GB. I'm sure all long-time teckies knew this was coming. The strategy has been used a thousand times before... offer a free service, bait the customer, build a critical mass, and later, switch, to paid.

Are YOU going to be baited and switch to the pay-to-use OneDrive model? Or will you leave, or will you switch to another solution altogether? Other cloud provider, or build your own eg. Internet connected NAS from Synology or Qnap or other. Last year I got myself a RS815+ for backups and to play with the synology cloud-syncing-apps. What will you do? What are your solutions to backup or always-available-access to your data?

lemonadesoda, Jun 22, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

1. OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings - Similar Threads - OneDrive does stay

2. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app hangs on startup.: Whenever I open the Settings app on my computer, it just hangs here for a couple of seconds and just crashes. One time, I got an error saying there was no app associated with ms-settings. Can somebody help me so that I can update Windows?...
  3. Settings app hangs on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app hangs on startup.: Whenever I open the Settings app on my computer, it just hangs here for a couple of seconds and just crashes. One time, I got an error saying there was no app associated with ms-settings. Can somebody help me so that I can update Windows?...
  4. OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that...: I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to off . Any idea why this might be? I'm using Avast free...
  5. OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that...

OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that...: I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to off . Any idea why this might be? I'm using Avast free...
  6. OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps

Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps: I started my pc, and found out that my EarTrumpet app was turned off @ startup, so I went to Settings > Apps > Startup Apps. But surprisingly, Startup Apps option was not there. I tried googling it, but I didn't get any results, so I'm posting this community post as I need...
  8. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on: When I attempt to turn on the switch in settings so I Can get Cortana to respond when I say "Hey Cortana" will not stay on - when I turn the switch on, it turns on but then turns off immediately. It won't stay turned on ?????...
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187