Windows 10: Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone

Discus and support Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem with my OneDrive cloud subscription. I have enabled camera roll sync from Android. The problem is that if i delete a blurry photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blo333, Jan 29, 2021.

1. blo333 Win User

Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone

Hi,
    i have a problem with my OneDrive cloud subscription. I have enabled camera roll sync from Android. The problem is that if i delete a blurry photo from the cloud or from phone, the deletion does not sync. If i delete the photo from the cloud then it is not deleted from my phone and vice versa.

I then deleted all the photos from the cloud in order to get the folders in sync but no luck - it will only sync the new photos that i take.

I see that someone else has the exact same problem, please do not suggest editing the metadata of thousands of photos to get them to sync:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sync-files-with-onedrive-in-windows-615391c4-2bd3-4aae-a42a-858262e42a49?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

How can i re`solve the problem?

Regards

:)

blo333, Jan 29, 2021
  2. nsgma Win User

Sync windows phone and onedrive

I have a couple of questions about the synchronization of the windows phone with the onedrive:

What is the criteria for synchronization? Where can I find a description? Can it be changed?

• e.g. I have some folders on my phone but only some are synchronized to the one drive,
      • can I choose which ones are sync'ed?
    • e.g. I deleted one photo on the onedrive but it is still on the phone; I deleted another photo on the phone, but it is still on the onedrive.
      • Can this be controlled? where?
      • if not, do I really have to delete the photos twice??

Thanks

nsgma, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Photos are not syncing to OneDrive

Hello pleonidas,

Thank you for your accurate response and for trying the steps.

This shows us that the auto-upload works normally, but only for photos that you take after switching the auto-upload on.

Of course, uploading manually 450 photos is completely unpractical so what I would suggest, is to sync your photos to your PC using the Windows Phone app.

Then of course, if you wish to upload them to Onedrive, you should be able to do that more easily from your PC. At least, your photos will be backed up.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gr., Jan 29, 2021
  4. schlk21 Win User

Windows PC + Android phone users, how do you sync your photos?

I've tried using both OneDrive and Google Drive to sync everything, but neither solution works like I'd like.

I basically want to take photos with my Android phone, have them automatically backup to a cloud location and then sync with my PC whenever I fire it up. I'd like to delete bad photos on the PC and then also delete the bad copy in the cloud and then my phone too.

Please share your ideas..

schlk21, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Onedrive does not sync deleted photos from or to phone - Similar Threads - Onedrive does sync

2. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  3. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  4. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone

OneDrive does not delete file from the cloud if i delete the file from my phone: Hi, i have a very simple problem. I delete a synced blurry photo from my Android phone and expect that the same file gets deleted from Onedrive. However this does not happen and the folders become out of sync Camera roll directory. I tried both with and without the "Make...
  6. OneDrive syncing files and photos

OneDrive syncing files and photos: Hi, Need help with syncing files and photos in OneDrive. It's not syncing either on mobile phone. Just newly setup OneDrive on Windows pc but on mobile it was setup few years ago. Old files and photos are visible in Windows pc, the problem is that it won't sync recent...
  7. I phone photo syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I phone photo syncing: In august 2020 my iphone and windows 10 computer stopped syncing photos automatically with the microsoft photo app. I can see the icloud photo folder but i can't get the photos app to automatically import the photos in the photos app like it did in the past. How do i fix...
  8. Photos from onedrive are syncing to my computer

Photos from onedrive are syncing to my computer: I have private photos on OneDrive for a reason, I don't want them showing up in my PC documents/pictures. I also don't want to delete OneDrive from my computer, I just don't want the photos to appear in my PC files. How do I fix this, if possible?...
  9. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

iCloud photos sync to onedrive: I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the...
  10. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!: Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please. 130723