Windows 10: Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc

Discus and support Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I had to change my password a couple of weeks ago from a computer that was not mine and when I got home to chech the files I had already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jael puppo vera, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc

Hi there,

I had to change my password a couple of weeks ago from a computer that was not mine and when I got home to chech the files I had already uploaded I could sign in again.

How can I synchronise my account again without losing my files?

I am kind of desperate and afer having tried several times nothing changed!

Many thanks!!

:)

jael puppo vera, Jun 4, 2019

2. OneDrive - synchronisation problems

A response from the Microsoft OneDrive team suggests that "we dot [sic] have this feature available to sync Password protected files on OneDrive for consumer account.

However, it has been recently introduced but requires an Office 365 subscription to use this feature, as it is design in collaboration with Office 365."

Having been synchronising password protected files for some years with OneDrive, I find it difficult to believe. I also find it difficult to believe that Microsoft would suddenly do something like this without some form of warning. If one purchases Office 2016, for example, that is a sizeable donation to Microsoft's coffers and they expect you to also purchase an Office 365 subscription just to keep OneDrive working?

Anyone know a good book on 'how to convert a lifelong Windows user to Apple?'

BorderReiver, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc

Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc

1. Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc - Similar Threads - Onedrive does synchronise

2. OneDrive synchronisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive synchronisation: I have tried synchronising my documents and photo user files on OneDrive and found that it is not feasible for anyone with typical UK upload speeds and large disc usage.In my case my upload bandwidth is 420Kb/s and my documents and Photos take up around 60 GB on my pc. This...
  3. OneDrive synchronisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive synchronisation: I have tried synchronising my documents and photo user files on OneDrive and found that it is not feasible for anyone with typical UK upload speeds and large disc usage.In my case my upload bandwidth is 420Kb/s and my documents and Photos take up around 60 GB on my pc. This...
  4. Change OneDrive Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change OneDrive Password: I changed my Microsoft Password. Do I now need to change my OneDrive Password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-onedrive-password/39438d5e-9460-443d-a56a-57205eea5a9f
  5. Change OneDrive Password

Change OneDrive Password: I changed my Microsoft Password. Do I now need to change my OneDrive Password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-onedrive-password/39438d5e-9460-443d-a56a-57205eea5a9f
  6. Change OneDrive Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Access OneDrive from another pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access OneDrive from another pc: Hi, I had an old pc which was retiring, so I put my documents in the OneDrive. I booted my new pc and opened OneDrive, to discover the copied documents were not there... There were however some old documents from a few years back, strangely. Are there different...
  8. Onedrive failed to synchronise on my device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive failed to synchronise on my device: Onedrive is not working anymore and backing up my files and folders. This happend after a system restore to fix my external microphone. Windows is continuously malfunctioning in an attempt to fix another problem. However I am planning to factory settings....
  9. OneDrive - synchronisation problems

OneDrive - synchronisation problems: Has anyone else noticed problems with OneDrive since the recent windows update? Previously, I have used it to keep important files on two PCs in sync (with an online backup). For the most part, it worked fairly well. But something has changed recently. Amongst the symptoms:...
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive crashed after password change

2. onedrive will not sign in after changing windows password

3. onedrive sign in prompted after password change

4. onedrive not syncing after password change