Windows 10: OneDrive does not synchronize

Discus and support OneDrive does not synchronize in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How can I make OneDrive synchronize with my computer so I can store my files in the cloud and have access to them whenever I want... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FelipeMontanez, Apr 11, 2019.

1. OneDrive does not synchronize

How can I make OneDrive synchronize with my computer so I can store my files in the cloud and have access to them whenever I want

:)

FelipeMontanez, Apr 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 11, 2019
  3. OneDrive won't synchronize a folder with a large number of files

There were several top folders under OneDrive. Some of them were fairly small but still would not synchronize

• C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder1 was very large, and wouldn't synchronize
    • but C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder2 contained only around 1,000 files with total size of a few MB, and it wouldn't synchronize either.
    Previously, I had moved folders into OneDrive a few at a time, and it was all working. Then I moved a group of bigger folders into OneDrive, and then it stopped synchronizing and completely stopped uploading.

Meanwhile, I have moved almost everything out of OneDrive back to my Users\myname\Documents, and OneDrive is working again.

I have Office 365 and OneDrive says 69.1 GB of 1,029 GB cloud storage used. I would estimate that the amount that I had moved into OneDrive but that failed to synchronize was around 100 GB. The total definitely never exceeded 500GB because that's all the
    data that I have.

JohnO'Donnell9, Apr 11, 2019
  4. OneDrive does not synchronize

How to force OneDrive to synchronize?

I have a new clean installation of Windows 10.

After logging in using my Microsoft account, my OneDrive folder (ie the OneDrive folder in my Users folder) shows:

OneDrive does not synchronize MUhlV.png

But right-clicking the OneDrive icon and selecting View online shows:

OneDrive does not synchronize FSrNe.png

The latter is the correct one and is what I see from another PC's OneDrive folder signed on to the same acocunt.

Obviously there is something wrong with the synchronization. How do I fix it or how do I force a synchronization?

I suspect the problem came about because I saved a file to the Asus folder with the exact same name that already existed in that Asus folder. The error message complained and asked me to delete it. That's what I did, but the red x refused to go away, and the OneDrive folder won't show the correct content.

At this point, I am not interested in syncing any folders on my PC, other than the OneDrive folder.

Old Geezer, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive does not synchronize

1. OneDrive does not synchronize - Similar Threads - OneDrive does synchronize

2. Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account: I have uninstalled the latest update of Windows but it's not seems be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-working-i-cannot-synchronize-my/640196a7-21d0-4c63-a4d7-c62fff8306bd
  3. Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is OneDrive working? I cannot synchronize my account: I have uninstalled the latest update of Windows but it's not seems be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-working-i-cannot-synchronize-my/640196a7-21d0-4c63-a4d7-c62fff8306bd
  4. synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    synchronization: When a customers logs into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account, what all items are synchronized against their account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synchronization/a9f6c082-8a59-4ec1-978c-ae527bbbbd32
  5. OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC

OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC: From a local Win 10 ver 1903 build 18362.387 and a Win 10 ver 1903 build 18990.1 cannot save changes to documents error code, file is in use by another user. This is happening for hundreds of documents. I am the only user. I cannot make and save changes from the PC....
  6. Logitech Capture does not synchronize

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Capture does not synchronize: After the upgrade to 1903 , my Logitech Capture does not sync anymore , when I open my mouth in front of my C922-webcam , I see my mouth opens, on the screen, about 3/4 seconds later, so there is a big delay between camera and screen. Anybody encountered these problems also ,...
  7. OneDrive how to set synchronization in real time

OneDrive how to set synchronization in real time: Hello I have pc witch win 10 . I have excell file on onedrive . I use desctop excell becouse it has full features , opposite this online web version. Unfortunately I have accident with power suply - excell file wasn't save safety with question save changes. Today I open this...
  8. OneDrive and synchronization

OneDrive and synchronization: Hello I use onedrive to work on excell files. I use two PC in different localization and my friend use this files but only to read on third device ( he do not make any changes). There are no problem with internet connection there. If in futhure there will be some problem i...
  9. Synchronized data from Microsoft OneDrive.

Synchronized data from Microsoft OneDrive.: I want to start over with a clean and updated installation of Windows and I need to know if I will lose the synchronized data from Microsoft OneDrive. Post scriptum: I don't have Office....
  10. How to synchronize without synchronizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to synchronize without synchronizing?: Hello All, I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files. Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the...