Windows 10: OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

Discus and support OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive doesn't start when I turn on my computer - I have to open it manually. I go to this site:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Golfer2081, Aug 1, 2020.

1. OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

OneDrive doesn't start when I turn on my computer - I have to open it manually. I go to this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/download and click on "start onedrive".

If I open a file in one drive double click it autosave is not on. If I turn on auto save, I get a message to save the file to OneDrive personal. I then double click on the OneDrive Personal area of that message and I am told that copy is being saved. I then make changes and close the file. If I then re-open the file from its original location, , the changes do no appear and auto save is off. The file is being saved, but to a different location on OneDrive to Documents. However, if I open the file saved to the different location, the changes have been saved, but auto save is not on.

So three problems:

1. OneDrive doesn't start when I open Windows.
    2. A file that is changed is saved to a different location than its original location in OneDrive.
    3. Even after opening the file that has been saved to the wrong location, auto-save is turned off.

:)

Golfer2081, Aug 1, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

msconfig doesn't save changes

Dang. Well, if you haven't already done so, search on a search engine (such as Bing) for your issue for more suggestions that you can find. I searched for:

msconfig doesn't save changes

and gave you that link. Hopefully you can try other suggestions that were attempted by others. There's a bunch of results that you will find, so hopefully that variety of results will have something useful.

pepanee, Aug 1, 2020
  3. robocop Win User
    OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

Hi,

I've recently started using OneDrive to hold some small, simple Excel files. I access these files from a couple of PCs and mobile devices. Each time I finish using the Excel file I close it as one should. At some point later I attempt to open/edit/save the Excel file & far too frequently I encounter the following error:

Can't Save Your Changes
    Your file wasn't saved because we couldn't merge your changes with changes from someone else.
    Click button options: Save a Copy or Discard My Changes

Since I'm the only one using these files, and I'm confident I close and save them appropriately, I don't understand why I frequently get these messages. It's not every time, but it is far too often. I'm then forced to save the newly edited file with a different filename, and then delete my original and rename the newly edited. It's painfully annoying!

Clearly I'm doing something wrong/one of my settings is wrong/ or something peculiar is happening. Any suggestions please?

I'm using
    2 x Win10 PCs
    1 x iPad
    1 x Android phone

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I just made a change to an 80kb text only Excel file. I watched the OneDrive icon on the task bar (bottom right by clock), it took about 120 seconds until it was up-to-date. I know this doesn't always happen. My internet is up to 100mbps, I'm streaming while this is happening, so internet is live and fast. Why the heck is onedrive taking 2 mins to sync an 80kb file???

robocop, Aug 1, 2020
  4. elias95 Win User

OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

Start menu doesn't open

Hello Deepika Gowda,

Thank you kindly for your support. I have followed the steps and after a while it did open the start menu again but IE is still gone, however if I turn of my laptop the start menu doesn't open anymore.

Do I have to follow these steps every single time when I try to sign in? It is really inconvenience to do so, also making another account doesn't work. The page keeps freezing when I try to..

Elias

elias95, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

1. OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes - Similar Threads - OneDrive Doesn't Open

2. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  3. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  4. Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.

Msconfig doesn't save changes after close.: Hello, Since yesterday i noticed when i open msconifg my startup type is selective.Yesterday i follow this link: Fix MSCONFIG Won't Save Changes on Windows 10 - TechCultI did search and gave many steps to fix the problem. i even create a new user with admin rigths. At that...
  5. Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes: HelloHope somebody can help, as I'm at my wits end. When I open a photo in Microsoft Photos and crop it and save it, then Photos just doesn't register/save these changes. I can get it to save other changes vignette etc.. I use custom settingswhen cropping, and it's like the...
  6. PC doesn't save data after start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn't save data after start: Hello, Recently I change my motherboard to "Kllisre B75" then I have installed windows 10. Here come the problem: Every time when I start my pc it doesn't save some certain data like, window resize and the keyboard informationevery time I start it seems like the first...
  7. Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start: I started my workstation this morning and I found my desktop missingnormally the onedrive desktop folder. The error 'location isn't available' showed. I try to manually start onedrive.exe and it just doesn't show up anything. I download the onedrivesetup but again when I...
  8. Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start: I started my workstation this morning and I found my desktop missingnormally the onedrive desktop folder. The error 'location isn't available' showed. I try to manually start onedrive.exe and it just doesn't show up anything. I download the onedrivesetup but again when I...
  9. windows start menu doesn't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows start menu doesn't open: Hello, Today my pc got updated with a bug update and after that i couldn't open windows start menu, not even the button couldn't work. I tried many things such as chkdsk scans etc but nothing helped. any opinions please? Thank you for your time...
  10. msconfig doesn't save changes

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig doesn't save changes: Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as...