Windows 10: OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox

Discus and support OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I installed Dropbox app for syncing my files to my PC but after that OneDrive doesn't show its sync status, only dropbox shows its sync status. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dhruv Nath, Jun 13, 2021.

1. OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox

So I installed Dropbox app for syncing my files to my PC but after that OneDrive doesn't show its sync status, only dropbox shows its sync status. To confirm this, I uninstalled Dropbox and right after that OneDrive was showing sync status again and when I installed dropbox again the sync status icon disappeared from OneDrive again.I don't know why this is happening. I've attached screenshots.Before installing Dropbox - OneDrive is showing a green tick that it has synced all my files...After installing Dropbox - OneDrive doesn't show the green tick, only Dropbox shows that...Please tell me how

:)

Dhruv Nath, Jun 13, 2021

2. OneDrive Sync Status

Since the 10 April MS Updates, the OneDrive folder in the Navigation pane of File Explorer no longer shows the green tick box that it did before. Before all folders and files showed the green tick box in the Navigation Pane. Now, I have a "Status" column,
    showing a status icon alongside each folder and file in the details window. However, the status of some folders is showing as 'Sync Pending', but I don't think this can be correct as none of the individual files in those folders show as "Sync Pending". I've
    tried re-saving the files in those folders and the status changes, temporarily, to a green tick. If I move away from that view in File Explorer and then back again, the "Sync Pending" icon re-appears against that folder. Rather than employ a suggested technical
    workaround, I would prefer to await a further update that fixes this, so, for now,
    I'd be interested if others are experiencing the same issue so that more people can be flagging the issue up. (I would have used the 'OneDrive' category in this community, but that is 'locked').

TrevorFayers, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Dropbox Sync Issue

Hi, I had installed dropbox on my laptop and it had been syncing my folders correctly. But ever since I went home and came back, it's been not synchronizing anything that I change in the folder, and I didn't know what to do. I checked my firewall settings, disabled it, went to dropbox unlinked and relinked my laptop, reinstalled dropbox multiple times, even created a different account on my other email address but it still didn't work. It was still not syncing the folder at all. So I went to my program files folder and it's been recording this error consistently one after the other:

Python WNDPROC handler failed
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "arch\win32\tray_icon.pyc", line 200, in on_timer
    File "arch\win32\tray_icon.pyc", line 300, in show_menu
    pywintypes.error: (0, 'SetForegroundWindow', 'No error message is available')

So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me fix my dropbox. Thanks!

disarmedmeteor, Jun 13, 2021
  4. OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox

Dropbox and Windows Explorer

For a while, I have had issues with windows explorer renaming files in my dropbox folders. There is a lag when I go to rename files. Many times if I restart explorer, it speeds up to only slow down. I have tried various things I have found on the net (need to look it up again to list).

I am wondering it if is with the overlay icons. I am not using onedrive. However, at this location in the registry, onedrive has many entries so all DB entries are not in the first 15.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

Here is the list in my registry. Wondering if i should delete he onedrive entries.

OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox [​IMG]

rinconmike, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox

1. OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox - Similar Threads - OneDrive doesn't show

2. sync status in file explorer address bar - Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync status in file explorer address bar - Win11: suddenly the OneDrive sync status is appearing in file explorer address bar? VERY ANNOYING as the actual file location isn't showingEdition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎1/‎2023 OS build 22621.3007 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0...
  3. sync status in file explorer address bar - Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync status in file explorer address bar - Win11: suddenly the OneDrive sync status is appearing in file explorer address bar? VERY ANNOYING as the actual file location isn't showingEdition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎1/‎2023 OS build 22621.3007 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0...
  4. Why are my files not syncing with dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my files not syncing with dropbox: Ever since I went to windows 11 my files are not syncing with dropbox. When I save them or create new folders using file manager the files/folders are read only. I have tried to unclick read only but it keeps coming back on. I uninstalled windows 11 thinking that was the...
  5. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  6. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault

OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault: Recently, I was trying to open Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows. However, none of my files show up in the personal vault anymore and it created another folder in OneDrive with my files in it. Now, whenever I lock the Personal Vault, it says "your Personal Vault...
  8. OneDrive sync status icons

OneDrive sync status icons: Why OneDrive doesn't have an option to disable sync status icons like Google backup app has? I don't want this silly status icons on my files and there's nothing in options to disable them....
  9. OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar: I've just started trying to use OneDrive and have a problem. Windows 10 version 1909 updated. I have read a lot of info on this forum and find that I am supposed to find access to OneDrive in File Explorer or on the Taskbar. Well, it doesn't show up on either. The only way...
  10. Onedrive 'x' sync status problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onedrive 'x' sync status problem: Office 365/Win10 I've developed an 'x' in the status column adjacent to several folders/files on the local instance of \Onedrive. I've unlinked Onedrive, deleted any local 0KB files and found none to delete on the server. I relinked the account but the 'x's' are still...