Windows 10: OneDrive doing whatever it wants

Discus and support OneDrive doing whatever it wants in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen M2, May 22, 2023.

1. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all the extra folders it keeps dragging over then i have to click restore desktop home default back to my desktop which BTW i never had a onedrive desktop all i had was the folder. and it basically made another computer idki have my computer at home, my laptop, and my work computer. when it does this freakout it messes up all

:)

Stephen M2, May 22, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 22, 2023
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

OneDrive doing whatever it wants

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 22, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive doing whatever it wants

1. OneDrive doing whatever it wants - Similar Threads - OneDrive doing whatever

2. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  3. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  4. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  5. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  6. Age 13 and able to do whatever they want?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Age 13 and able to do whatever they want?: Just got a mail from Microsoft saying that when my child turns 13, they can turn off my monitoring. As I'm legally responsible for this child, why do Microsoft think that 13 is OK? Very concerned too that location tracking can be disabled. At the moment, any devices...
  7. Give me permission to do whatever the hell I want.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Give me permission to do whatever the hell I want.: I don't care that 'you shouldn't do that' and 'there's a reason Microsoft has it this way' and 'you can just set permission for folders you need'. I don't want that. I want complete and utter control over every single file of my operating system. If I want to delete system32...
  8. Do not want to store in Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do not want to store in Onedrive.: Do not want to store in Onedrive. It seems to be default. How can I default file storage to my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-want-to-store-in-onedrive/2cc555a9-8a62-43f0-81e7-e73c0237bb69"
  9. metro screen ( or whatever we want to call it)

metro screen ( or whatever we want to call it): I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty. Its doing it for firefox and chrome, both, and they are the only ones showing this behavior. Here:...
  10. I DO NOT want to use Onedrive

I DO NOT want to use Onedrive: Hi, I DO NOT want to use onedrive. I only want my files saved to my PC. How do I do this?? I selected I only want files stored on my PC folder, then I deleted the folder from my onedrive folder. I then tried to open them in my PC folder and it said they'd been deleted!!...